Recommend a girl name!

Aaah!! That makes me so happy!! I’m glad I could sell you on such a great name! :smiling_face::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

This is beautiful and I’ve never come across it before! Great find!

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Kismet[/name_f] & [name_f]Vela[/name_f] should get more! [name_f]My[/name_f] top two. ^^

3 Likes

Sapphire- I know some people may associate with [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], which makes think of the “D*vil’s [name_u]Snow[/name_u]”. But I don’t get that association, I only associate it with my childhood: Pokemon [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]/Ruby.

Laura; I don’t get why it’s not more popular bc I’m pretty sure most people have read [name_m]Little[/name_m] House On The [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] series, by [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_u]Wilder[/name_u].

Blossom: I just love it, and I can’t think of any negative associations with this name; only from PPG. Which to me is just an association; not bad nor good.

Vanessa; many people on this site knows why this name is very dear and close to me, so I won’t mention it here. But I wish this name was more popular.

Anne: I absolutely loved [name_u]Anne[/name_u] Of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables, growing up. I thought it would be more popular now, since it has the vintage feel.

3 Likes

@rosepip Have you considered Deidamia/Deidameia? Not quite sure how it’s pronounced but I’ve always thought it was such a lovely mythology name. In The Song of Achilles she’s not great but that was apparently entirely the author’s idea — in the original mythos she’s just a lover of Achilles’!

2 Likes

Today I’d like to recommend [name_f]Dovizia[/name_f]. I’ve never heard anyone mention it on NB, but when I saw it I was struck by its beauty. I don’t know about others, but I’m drawn to names with Vs or Zs in them. I think it sounds very regal, and reminds me of doves.

3 Likes

I have, but I’ve never put it on a list for some reason - I absolutely should. I’ve always pronounced it dee-duh-my-uh, though that likely is not correct. It’s magical!

3 Likes

Maybe because it starts with Palm, like a palm tree :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes! Also I realized it’s one letter away from almira, which in Greek means ‘‘the saltiness of the sea’’ (:
Actually [name_f]Almira[/name_f] would be a pretty name too lol

4 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that, I know some Almiras! That’s a nice meaning

2 Likes

Was [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] mentioned? It’s girly while having a tomboyish nickname, and fits in Nameberry trends.

4 Likes

I’d like to recommend [name_f]Fina[/name_f]. It’s got the classic simplicity of names like [name_f]Ida[/name_f], yet it’s much more unusual whilst still feeling familiar. It has the advantage of an intuitive pronunciation.
It could be a good option if [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephina[/name_f] are a bit much for you.

5 Likes

Fina is so pretty! I’ve never heard of it as a standalone before, but it reminds me of [name_f]Fia[/name_f] and [name_f]Fenna[/name_f], both favourites of mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I‘m a [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] but I’m afraid I’m not going to help with your campaign because I can’t stand my name. I used to work in a small bar which had four barmaids and we were all called [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]. Think it definitely isn’t ready for a comeback in UK.

2 Likes

Ballet Shoes!

Oh my Goodness I was coming into this post with the very intention of saying [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see another [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] lover…

Other reasons for [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] (I agree with all of your reasons too)

Elfie
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
First Crowned [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of [name_f]England[/name_f]
Multiple artistic namesakes

5 Likes

I think [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] is really pretty and feeling fresh again! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] :purple_heart:

And totally with you on [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]. [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] are all awesome nicknames.

In a similar vein: [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] and [name_f]Elvire[/name_f].

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has said [name_f]Livia[/name_f] yet. It sounds so much prettier and elegant than the similar [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], without being a “kreative” version of it.

4 Likes

Elfie is so cute!

3 Likes

Blaise

I hope I’m not burned at the stake for this (haha), but I think [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is a beautiful feminine name, as well as being a beautiful masculine name. Something like [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], or [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would hit the right notes for me.

I am not especially passionate either way about unisex names, but I think [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] quite naturally falls into this category for me. (I am compelled to mention [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and [name_u]Claude[/name_u], in a similar vein.)

3 Likes