Redone...Twin Sister names for my babes! :)

Hello everyone. I have recently posted about twin girls names my hubby and I had chosen. But…after seeing some of your answers we are second guessing ourselves. The original names we had were [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Grace[/name]. We had chosen these names because we likes them and thought they were pretty. But the ones we are considering now are names that have more personal meaning to us. It amazing how quickly you can become attached to names when they are personal. So, the first name is [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name]. [name]Sophia[/name] is a name that means a lot to us. We think it is beautiful and timeless…[name]Adele[/name] is my grandmothers name whom I am extremely close to. I don’t know why I never thought of using her name before…I supposed because she only when by her nickname,Tense. Our next name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I have adored [name]Elizabeth[/name] for as long as I can remember. I love that it is a bible name,classic and timeless. My hubby likes all of the nickname potential. He chose [name]Rose[/name] as the middle name. I love it …but I am now sure if I love it as much as [name]Adele[/name]. He wants to call her [name]Rosie[/name] and I agree it is a sweet name. [name]Do[/name] you think the name compliment one another, some style, twin names but not too matchy. Also…what is your opinion on “name stealing” I know my sister likes the name [name]Adele[/name] and would someday (maybe in about 5-10 years) use it. She is not married, dating or pregnant. She have never voiced wanting to use this name until after we had chosen it. She had never told anyone is the family that it was her “name” and that she was using it. [name]How[/name] was I to know…sigh She says I have stolen it from her…ugh. I don’t want to cause strife but can you claim a name without voicing it and without intention of using it for YEARS to come. I feel torn. We have searched and searched for names we love and that feel “right” to us. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are “the ones” to us. Comments PLEASE! God bless! :slight_smile:

What beautiful names you have chosen! [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] go so nicely together. [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are classics that will grow well on your little girls! *(As a side note, if you want to call [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Rosie[/name],” have you thought of naming her
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], instead? [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] make beautiful sisters, too.)

As for your sister, you have not stolen the name [name]Adele[/name] from her, as you didn’t know she wanted to use it in the first place! [name]How[/name] about suggesting to her that you would like [name]Adele[/name] to be a family name? My sister and I, as well as several cousins, used [name]Catherine[/name] as a mn for our daughters, and we consider [name]Catherine[/name] to be a family name that is carried on throughout the generations.:slight_smile:

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are lovely! [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] pair really well and I love the family connection for [name]Adele[/name]. I agree with @kyemsma that if you plan on calling her [name]Rosie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] might be a bit easier.

I agree that you couldn’t have possibly stolen [name]Adele[/name] from your sister, either! If she never said anything there is no way you could have known. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is lovely and if it’s a family name then I think name stealing goes right out the window, lol. Why should one person be able to honor a family member but not the next? My sister once told me that she wanted to use [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Grace[/name], nn [name]Gigi[/name], sort of in honor of our grandmother ([name]Arlene[/name] [name]Grace[/name]). I didn’t say anything, especially since we’re both years from being mothers ourselves, but I had already planned for months to use [name]Grace[/name] somewhere in my first daughter’s name to honor the same grandmother! I have every right to name my daughter after our grandmother as my sister does. I have no issue with my daughter sharing a mn with my niece… My grandmother’s an amazing person. She deserves to be honored twice, haha. I would just talk to your sister and tell her you want to use it in honor of your grandmother. As you said, you’re extremely close to your grandmother, and if she wanted to use it, she should have told you earlier.

Good luck!

Really pretty names for twin sisters and I would not worry about your sister. Maybe you could just mention to her that someday when she has a daughter she should feel free to also use the name [name]Adele[/name] if she still wants too. You both have the right to use a special family name.

I think [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are great together.
[name]Adele[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are lovely, equalizing middle names as well.

My only dislike is that [name]Rose[/name] is such an over used middle name, imo. And [name]Sophia[/name] is so incredibly common. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a bit common sounding as well. They don’t stand out in my mind at all. Except for [name]Adele[/name]. But that’s just my preference, these are your twins, and your names to choose. I still like the combos very much, and think they sound great.

Your sister is just being a bit hurt. It’s nothing to get upset about. She’s not dating or even close to expecting, use it. It’s being used as a middle name anyways, and it’s your grandmother’s name. You have equal rights to it. It’s not like it’s the first name. Use it, and don’t think twice!

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] are lovely names and if these are the ones you like, you should use them! If you want more suggestions though, here are a few. If you want to still honor [name]Adele[/name] and not use the exact name, you could use [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] and I think this would work well with [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Rose[/name]. If you are going to use [name]Rosie[/name] as a nn, I would put [name]Rose[/name] first. You could use [name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or if you wanted a longer first name, you could use [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Rosamond[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think all of these work well with [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name]. All the best!

Beautiful combos, they roll off the tounge well. I agree with the other comment that they are commonly used names, so as long as that doesn’t matter, and that is what you are looking for. As for your sister, you did not know and she never claimed it. [name]Share[/name] it! If she wants to use it later then she can. She has to understand that you need a name now, and she may not need it ever. [name]Don[/name]'t feel bad. [name]Adele[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Both[/name] lovely.

I’m also not sure about using [name]Rosie[/name] as a nickname – you can get so many wonderful nicknames from [name]Elizabeth[/name], that it seems a little strange to me. However I think most nicknames evolve over time, so I don’t think it is an issue to get caught up on.

As for your sister, how silly! I think that since [name]Adele[/name] is in the middle spot, then when she has the opportunity she can use it too. (Plus what if she only has boys and you are always left regretting not having used the name?)

I agree with the majority of the comments above: I think using [name]Adele[/name] as a mn means it can be shared as a family name and your sister should be able to come to terms with this; it could be a lovely bond for future cousins (perhaps thatis a way to sell it to her?) The suggestion of [name]Adelaide[/name] is a good one too (I love this name). I would be inclined to use [name]Rose[/name] (or a longer version) for the first name if your intention is to mainly call her [name]Rosie[/name]; being known by a name that is completely different to your fn is a big pain in the $%^&.

My other hesitations would be that [name]Sophia[/name] (& [name]Sophie[/name]) is very popular right now, but that may not be a problem for you. [name]One[/name] option would be [name]Josephine[/name]/a which could be shortened to [name]Sophie[/name]/a but there is the option to be [name]Jo[/name]/[name]Josie[/name] etc if there are too many Sophias in her class, workplace etc. Also I would be inclined to switch the mns as I think that the double ‘a’ of [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is a bit awkward - [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Adele[/name] works better [name]IMO[/name]…or…
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Adele[/name] & [name]Rosamond[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

All of the above being said, I think your choices as they are are quite lovely (and lucky you for getting twin girls!)

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is absolutely perfect! I love it, and it has meaning. It’s classic and stylish. Wow, yes I love it!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is a lovely sister name but I would try to find a middle name with more meaning since [name]Adele[/name] has so much meaning to you, I wouldn’t want [name]Elizabeth[/name] to feel left out. Or if your husband really wants to call her [name]Rosie[/name], why not keep the [name]Rose[/name] (as a first name or middle name) and drop [name]Elizabeth[/name] in favour of another family name. Perhaps another grandmother (yours or your partners) or your mother or mother-in-laws name, or your middle name or even your sisters name or middle name to try and make her feel involved in the process and as a peace offering over the [name]Adele[/name] situation.

I don’t think she can claim [name]Adele[/name] if you announced first a desire to use it, and are the first to be having a daughter.

Good luck! :slight_smile: