Reese, Reece or Rhys?

Hello Name Experts!
My son’s name is [name]Christopher[/name] but since he was 14 months he’s insisted his name is “[name]Reese[/name]”.
At first I think he was trying to say [name]Christopher[/name] or [name]Chris[/name] but he’s now 3 years old and although he will tell you his “first name” is [name]Christopher[/name]…he still insists that his NAME is [name]Reese[/name]. Friends, Family and neighbors started calling him [name]Reese[/name] too and the nick name stuck!

He’s starting preschool next month and I need to tell the preschool teacher what we’d like him to be called and how to spell it. I’m worried that [name]Reese[/name] spelled with an S is too feminine. Is spelling it with a C too odd? [name]Will[/name] he constantly have to spell his name AND explain it?!? Ideas? Thoughts? What do you think of a boy named [name]Reece[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name]?

THANKS!!!

For a boy I always like the spelling [name]Rhys[/name] better because it’s not unisex its all boy, but if its just a nn and if it’s easier for him i don’t see a problem with going with the [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Reece[/name] spelling.

Definitely [name]Rhys[/name] for a boy. My niece is [name]Reese[/name]…and you’re right…that spelling just looks too feminine.

Super cute that he has decided his own name…he must have quite the little personality :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]! For a boy at least! Id go with [name]Rhys[/name].

If he knows how it’s “spelled” then I say spell it that way. If not, then here’s my opinion: [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Reece[/name] may be easier for him to learn than [name]Rhys[/name], but [name]Rhys[/name] is the more authentic spelling. I’m not bothered by the unisex factor, so if you and him prefer [name]Reese[/name] (or even [name]Reece[/name]) don’t hesitate to go that way.