Reginald?

Lately, I’ve been majorly crushing on [name]Reginald[/name]. It’s so dashing and manly, plus I love the nns [name]Reg[/name] or [name]Rex[/name]. But, although I think it fits into my old-fashioned style, it’s a little bit more unusual than my other favourites (see sig). [name]Do[/name] you think it would be hard for a modern boy/man to pull off? Is it too out-there, too old-man?! [name]How[/name] do you think it sounds as a brother to [name]Edmund[/name]? Thanks in advance for any help!

You clearly never read [name]Archie[/name] comics if you think [name]Reginald[/name] is too old-man … [name]Reggie[/name] Mantle is a fox <3 I love the name Reginald, I think it sounds very regal and chic, but still classic enough for your taste :slight_smile:

I think it sounds a bit stuffy, TBH, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Regis[/name], which I think a little bit better with your other names and is a little easier to wear.

I love [name]Reginald[/name] and [name]Reggie[/name] and [name]Reg[/name] for nicknames. I think it goes great with [name]Edmund[/name].

I have known young Reggies. They don’t tend to bust out the full [name]Reginald[/name] all that often but I don’t think it’s unusable for a boy as long as you’re okay with them getting NNed sometimes. It’s not extremely out there, either.

i love it!!! i think it really fits right in with all of your names, but especially [name]Walter[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]. i know a younger man who is probably in his 30s named [name]Reginald[/name], so to me its not that old manish

Thanks everyone! Still a tad unsure about how far to put it on my list. I feel like people in real life would react negatively. Hmm.

Dantea, I do like [name]Regis[/name] too, but our surname begins with S so any name ending in S runs into it!

Thanks for the links, very useful!