[Removed]

[Removed]

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is beautiful. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to suggest [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], I think that would be stunning!

Thank you, @LiliMorgana! I like the idea of [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], but the “uh” sound on the end sort of ruins it for me – I originally looked at it and thought “lin-ay” without the “uh” which I think is pretty, but [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] just isn’t my style even though I like how it looks.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite from your list is [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I personally wouldn’t do the accent. There’s also [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] and other forms of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] such as [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f], Rosalynn(e) etc.
Would you be saying [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] Made-line or Made-lyn? [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to find out if you’re open to -line endings or not. In that case I’d suggest [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you, @Lula-Rose! The main reason I wanted to use the accent is because it will clarify that I will pronounce it the [name_u]French[/name_u] way, but I suppose it won’t matter, especially as my husband is unlikely to pronounce it right (though he’ll almost certainly opt for a nickname like [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] or Lili).

It would be Mad-el-len, primarily because I see it as a namesake - I would’ve done [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], but it’s very similar to [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], so if I had to choose one…

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] ok. Over here we differentiate between the two different pronunciations with the spelling change - [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is -line and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is -len. Your chosen name is pretty :heart:

1 Like

@Lula-Rose What part of the world is that? I’ve always wanted to use [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] - but I chose the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] spelling after someone I respect who pronounces it the same way, and I’d only ever use it in the middle spot spelled as such.

UK. Yes I understand. It’s nice that you have a nice honour name to work with :blush:

1 Like