Remus

Hello!

We’ve had a new idea: [name]Remus[/name]! What do you think? Does it have any particular associations for anyone? (there’s a particular one I can think of but I’m not going to tell you what it is…!) I just love [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Remus[/name] together… Would be [name]Remus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater or [name]Remus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater - which do you prefer?

Thanks, [name]Val[/name] x

I really do love this name, but unfortunately for me, it’s too tied to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], but if that doesn’t bother you I’d say go for it. I prefer [name]Remus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] :slight_smile:

Reminds me of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] & Uncle [name]Remus[/name] stories.

I really like [name]Remus[/name]! I think it’s a great name. I don’t really care about associations with names. Sure, there are fictional characters with the name [name]Remus[/name], but that wouldn’t stop me from using it if I really loved it.

I associate it strongly with [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] as well, but even if that wasn’t the character’s name I’d still have negative associations. I think of [name]Remus[/name] and [name]Romulus[/name], the mythological founders of [name]Rome[/name] who were raised by wolves. I’m a bit rusty on my [name]Roman[/name] mythology, but I believe they got in a fight and [name]Romulus[/name] killed [name]Remus[/name]. Or maybe it was the other way around. I can’t remember. Either way, two very strong associations for me. Sorry!

I think: racist stereotype, [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], and [name]Roman[/name] mythology… in that order. If you’re not from the US it might be a little more useable, sort of like how [name]Jemima[/name] works in other countries. I still really like [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] though.

[name]Henry[/name] is hub’s name and is not an option - I’m not having 2 in the house! Think my prob is that I still really love Albus… but may be it’s a bit much with our surname but everything seems to fall short to that except perhaps [name]Joel[/name] which comes in second…

Anyway back to [name]Remus[/name]! Hadn’t thought of the origins of the name… maybe Albus would be better then - at least the assosciations aren’t a negative image?!

Thanks, [name]Val[/name] x

I didn’t have any associations with [name]Remus[/name] until I read the posts here. I read a couple [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books a long time ago but don’t remember the name [name]Remus[/name], or many of the other names. I definitely wouldn’t let [name]Happy[/name] [name]Potter[/name] stop you! I don’t think sharing a name with a literary character will shape how the name fits on your son at all.

I have heard of [name]Romulus[/name] and [name]Remus[/name], but I wouldn’t let that stop you either. I don’t think that story is as big enough part of our culture to make much of an impact on him. If you’re worried about him being teased for that association, I don’t think kids at the teasing age have usually heard of [name]Romulus[/name] and [name]Remus[/name].

Also, I really love [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Remus[/name] together!