Ren or Rain?

See the results of this poll: Ren or Rain for a girl?

Respondents: 13 (This poll is closed)

• Ren: 3 (23%)
  • Rain: 10 (77%)

I voted for [name]Rain[/name] because I think it is more easily pronounced and more familiar to society.
However, it’s not my favorite name at all. I tend not to prefer names that are regularly used as words but if it really means a lot to your husband, then go for it. But make sure you love it too.
I don’t know if your husband would go for [name]Raina[/name] but I like it a lot better than [name]Rain[/name]. It has kind of the same sound and meaning but to me, is more of a name than [name]Rain[/name].
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I voted for [name]Ren[/name]. The name actually isn’t unheard of in the states/canada/wherever you are, however it is typically spelled [name]Wren[/name]. I actually really love the name [name]Wren[/name]. Unlike the name [name]Rain[/name], I think it could age really beautifully.
[name]Hope[/name] this helps! Good luck!

I vote for [name]Rain[/name].

The thing with [name]Ren[/name] is that it was the name of the demented Chihuahua on [name]Ren[/name] and Stimpy. The show isn’t on anymore, but I guess just in case someday it makes a comeback.

My first thought was also of [name]Ren[/name] on [name]Ren[/name] & Stimpy. I voted for [name]Rain[/name].

[name]Ren[/name] or [name]Wren[/name]

[name]How[/name] do YOU feel about these names? I am really not sure about the whole “I pick a boy name / you pick a girl name” thing. You’re both equally parents, you’re both going to be around raising the child. Why should you give up rights to naming your child just because of the gender? And if you’re going to, why would you give up naming rights of a child that’s your own gender? You know more than he what it’s like to be a girl.

I hope this doesn’t upset you, but I think he’s being a little selfish. If he’s so tied to these names, can’t you use them as a middle & then find a FN you both love? Or find a name with a similar sound /meaning that you both love?

And finally … I voted [name]Rain[/name] because it’s more feminine, but I really don’t love either option. [name]Rain[/name] sounds a little down-market to me (I’m sorry) and [name]Ren[/name] is the name of [name]Kevin[/name] Bacon’s character in Footloose (the remake of which is about to come out, to much fanfare, so you may look like you’re big fans of the movie).

Again, I am very sorry if any of this upsets you – I know that pregnancy & baby naming are very difficult situations. But they’re situations that you have to work through TOGETHER as parents.

I vote for [name]Ren[/name], but I slightly prefer the spelling “[name]Wren[/name]”. Though to me, it’s loads better than “[name]Rain[/name]”.

I have to admit, I agree 100% with katseaborn. It doesn’t sound like you’re much of a fan of either [name]Ren[/name] or [name]Rain[/name] (and for good reason - sorry), which is a shame since she’ll be your daughter, too! I would agree with trying to find a girls’ name you both like and using [name]Ren[/name] or [name]Rain[/name] as a middle name.