Renaming self

• Alexia
  • Sierra
  • Alexis

0 voters

Hi there everyone, I’m not sure if this is the right category to put this under, I’m a 26yr old woman and a bit over three years ago I had legally changed my name. But, I hadn’t put enough time into my choice and a partner at the time pushed me into making the choice before I should have made it. At the time, I had wanted something more “unique” though, it really wasn’t, just was for my age group.

After making the choice, I realized I had chosen the wrong name for myself ([name_f]Lyla[/name_f]) I started to resent the fact that i made that choice and have been trying to figure out what to do since then. So I’ve started to rethink what I like, and might decide to go through the process all over again, which is a big decision at this point.

I like these three so far the most, though I have a small fear that with both [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] & [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] that because of ‘[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]’ people will start making really annoying jokes like ‘[name_f]Alexa[/name_f] what is the weather?’ I’m not sure if that’s my own idea coming up with might become a problem, or is it actually is one. If it helps at all I believe all three of the names would suit myself.

Thank you for any help x

I really like [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]

1 Like

Maybe try going to Starbucks etc and using each of those names a few times for your order? See if one seems to click more?
I think they are all good options just depends on what feels like you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the idea! I honestly wanted to see other peoples ideas to, trying to narrow it down has been a little hard. Im planning though once I decide on one to have friends and family call me it for a while (especially longer then the name I previously chose)
Have a wonderful day :yellow_heart:

1 Like

What about:

Lexa or
[name_u]Lexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
Silena

Ok so I voted [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] because it’s my favorite. But then I looked up the ranking of names from your birth year (or close to it) and assuming you’re in the US… [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] was #18 and I couldn’t tell from your description if you were still looking for a more uncommon name. Anyway, [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] is #71, and [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] is #310.

Thank you for that! I hadn’t thought to check that. I’m from [name_f]Canada[/name_f] but our rankings are relatively similar (especially for 1994- the other surrounding years)
I like uncommon ones but it’s definitely no longer a breaking point for me. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see all of them weren’t at the very top though! Again thank you, that gives me some more things to think about!

I like [name_f]Lexa[/name_f] but I feel like it might be a bit young on me now, [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is pretty too