Renesmee in real life?

Of course not for my baby girl, but just want to hear your opinions :slight_smile: [name]Don[/name]'t think about Twilight, just ‘[name]Renesmee[/name]’ itself. What do you think?

Regardless of the Twilight association, I really don’t like the name. I know it is probably considered a real and accepted name now, but even when I was reading the Twilight series (before they were turned into movies and were spoilt) I was not a fan.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with combining or making a ‘mash up’ of two names which are important to you, but I think there are other classier ways to do it. (I plan on doing it myself as a middle name for my first daughter using my sister’s name Janae, and my Mother’s name, Raewyn to come up with Renae to honor them both but still in a usable and recognisable name).

Renesmee still sounds too made up to my ears, as does Katniss from the Hunger Games (sorry to fans of the name). They both just sound a bit harsh and clunky to me. But I think, if a name is important to you or you really love it to the point where nothing else comes close, then use it. Regardless of whether or not I hate Renesmee as a name. :slight_smile:

Not for my daughter :slight_smile: I’m just curious how people think about it since I just finished reading Breaking [name]Dawn[/name] for the second time. I’m interested in made up names, like [name]Katherine[/name] Heigl’s daughter Naleigh! But, I’m not going to ‘create’ a name for my daughter. It’s just too hard for me. Anyways, thanks for sharing your opinion, and I really like the significance of [name]Renae[/name]!

I think it’s pretty bad. [name]Renesmee[/name] takes two perfectly nice names and smooshes them into something that does not sound or look good at all. This is a made up name specifically from Ms. [name]Meyer[/name] for her fiction thus it is hard for me to see it as anything else. The idea that it is a real and accepted name seems a little ridiculous to me frankly.
I love [name]Esme[/name] and while [name]Renee[/name] is a little dated, it’s still okay to me, but sandwiched together- no thank you!

Thanks for sharing your opinion :slight_smile: Yeah, [name]Renesmee[/name] doesn’t sound like a name in ‘real world’.

[name]Don[/name]'t kill me, lol, but I actually kinda like it.

I pretty much loathe Twilight and its effect on society, but I think [name]Renesmee[/name] is cute. I would never use it, and imagining a professional businesswoman called [name]Renesmee[/name] would make me crack up, but as a GP, yeah, I do admit, I kinda like it. lol. I would never ever ever use it, though!

I think asking anyone to disassociate it with Twilight is going to be difficult. I can’t imagine anyone who has ever read the books would be able to disregard the connection.

As far as the name itself, as most pp’s have said, I’m not much of a fan. I’ve never cared for [name]Renee[/name] that much, and while I think [name]Esme[/name] is pretty, the two together are a mouthful and just not that appealing in my opinion. And ass pp said, I can’t imagine meeting someone in a professional setting with the name!