Reorder the posts by start time

I always used to reorder posts by start time in order to reply to the newest threads and I can’t seem to find a way to do that with this new site. Is it possible? I appreciate the work you have all put in to this new site. I hope that we can all adjust as needed.

1 Like

I also asked thos question. You can see new posts you havent already seen but i dont want that, i want to see posts from newest to oldest in order. All ive been provided with is a way to view threads with the latest activity (this could be a thread started last year but has latest activity 29 mins ago cause someone posted in it)

I just want to be able to look at threads (or topics as theyre now called) from newest created to oldest created.
Im really sad i cant.
Trying to figure out this whole thing is stressful.

Yes that’s exactly how I look at the, too! Hopefully our feedback is helping them and not making things more stressful for them.

1 Like

Really bummed that i cant now see threads from the beginning im descending order :frowning:

That’s how I always had it ordered to, it’s so weird now.

Hi everyone. I’ll explore ordering topics that way with the team!

See new topics created since your last visit

I know it’s not exactly the same, but for now…

The “New” tab shows you topics created in the last 2 days. If there are new ones that have been created since your last visit, these will be displayed above a red line which has the words “last visit” on it.

https://forum.nameberry.com/new

So you can see new topics that are also new to you, if that makes sense. I am looking into whether there is a clearer way to see this (or if one can be added!)

See topics you’ve participated in

I’ve also been seeing lots of questions about how to tell if you’ve already replied to a topic (we had a green back arrow icon for this on the old platform).

I have asked for clarification on this, but again, for now…

You can see all topics you’ve read here:

https://forum.nameberry.com/read

You can also see a summary of who has posted on a topic via the avatars below the OP:

I realise this is an imperfect answer but hopefully this will help people make sense of it while we look into what can be done to make thigns clearer.

Please see my latest post regarding this – I think I have found a solution:

Unfortunately i dont want to just see the couple of new topics to me, i want to see the new topics in order from newest to oldest start date as this was the clearest way of seeing new topics.
Until this is fixed it isnt pleasant to use, for me.
But thank you for the help.

@shivshiv

I’m sorry to hear that :frowning:

The old Forums platform (vBulletin) ordered threads by default in the same way – they were listed according to last activity time, rather than creation time. So if someone responded to a thread (even one from years before) that thread was bumped up to the top. It’s exactly the same principle here.

There will only have been a few “[name_u]New[/name_u]” topics at first because this new platform had only been running for less than a day. But we’re now on day 2 / 3 (depending on your timezone) and I now have more than 50 topics in my “[name_u]New[/name_u]” tab – and that’s only the ones I haven’t opened yet.

There have been many more newly created topics that I have opened, which have been conveniently removed from my “[name_u]New[/name_u]” feed for me so I can see at a glance which recent topics I haven’t seen yet.

You can also see at a glance while browsing the forums any topics that are new (less than 2 days old) and that you haven’t opened by looking for those with a little blue dot after the topic title, like this:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 17.56.48

I hope that helps.

Thats the entire problem, its was ordered this way automatically, yes. BUT a user could easily reformat this by searching for newest threads started in descending order from newest to oldest the thread was posted NOT the most recent someone had posted in :frowning:

I’m going to see if there’s a way of adding this. There must be!

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help though!
Id just like to suggest that its option to order posts by newest started again in the future :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

@shivshiv
@shanade213
@TrulyBrilliant

I thought I’d share with you a workaround we’ve found to get topics displaying in order of creation date, as you requested.

If you enter this in your address bar:

Nameberry

That will show you all topics ordered according to creation date, not last post.

Actually, you can add the

?order=created

part on to any URL and it will automatically order all the topics there in that order. For example, if you wanted to see all the Boy [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names topics in order of creation date, you could do

Boy Names - Nameberry

or if you wanted to display the 30 or so top baby name games of the past week in order of creation date, then you could do:

https://forum.nameberry.com/c/baby-name-games/11/l/top/weekly?order=created

We’re looking at somehow getting this added to the top navigation tabs in the future, but in the meantime, I thought you might find this helpful.