Revamping Girl Options

My hubs & I are revamping our girl list. We feel pretty confident about our boy choices (narrowed down to [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], or [name_m]Breccan[/name_m]) but our girl choices are feeling a bit blah. Here’s what we’ve got. If you have suggestions that’d be fabulous!

Our kids are [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] & Esmé [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

Our list:
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Lillith[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

I love your childrens names! Have you ever thought about [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]? Its similar to milo lol. Dapple, [name_u]Blair[/name_u], or [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f] would be adorable

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are my favourites from your list and sound best with [name_f]Esme[/name_f], IMHO.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]/[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Your children have such great names! My favourite from your boys is [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] (I know you didn’t ask that but I thought I’d share the love for [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]!)

My thoughts:

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] this, it’s one of my favourite botanical names for girls. I love that it’s not too “girly” but still very feminine and has that spunky z in the middle. It’s also a name that ages well and works on all shapes and sizes of person.

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]: nice, but a bit boring. I know lots of young Zoes. I prefer [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f], which all have the same wonderful meaning.

[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]: not really a fan, it feels a bit dated to me and reminds me of a rough soap opera character here in the UK. However, I’m sure if I met an adorable young [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] I could be convinced :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lillith[/name_f]: love it, as well as [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], which is the spelling I would probably use. The meaning NB gives isn’t the greatest but it sounds like the name is slowly being redeemed/reclaimed and I think it is a beautiful soft, strong choice. I have to say it’s my favourite with your other children’s names - maybe [name_f]Lillith[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillith[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]: this will always be a “mum name” to me, but I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]: wonderful name! I love it in full and pretty much all its nicknames: [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Midge[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f]…

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: lovely, but gaining popularity fast. I think there’ll be a lot of little Irises around in 5 years.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]: I like lots of the ends-in-e Greek names ([name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]…) but not this one, I’m afraid. It sounds a bit breathy and insubstantial to me. It is a classic though, and that’s just my personal taste.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]: this is growing on me, but I still personally don’t like it much. It’s a good, headstrong name though, and not too frilly, which I like. Again, I could definitely be convinced by the right person!

My suggestions:

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]/[name_f]Gisella[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is beautiful. It has the same amount of upright character, gentleness and rare vintage feel as [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and sounds beautiful with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]. Next I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], then [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] is pretty and works in the sibset but it doesn’t thrill me the way [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] does. I love the name [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] and if you don’t mind your sibset sounding quirky overall, then I’d go for it!

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] seems very plain. I don’t think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] sounds good with [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and it doesn’t go with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] either. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] sort of tread on the soft ‘z’ sound that makes [name_f]Esme[/name_f] cool.

No additional suggestions here - I love the options [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]. You have beautiful names to choose from!

Wow- I adore your kids’ names!!

My favorites on your girl list are [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. With sibs, my picks would be [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], or [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

Ideas: [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f]. Good luck!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are my favorites.

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Kinley[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and Taylinn
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Mable[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and Crea
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and Ziya
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]

Great taste in names! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are my favorites. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]'s always been my favorite girl name since forever but it’s just a little too popular now. (I used it as a middle) But if that doesn’t matter to you it’s a really sweet name.

Keep [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. Drop the the rest.

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] wins everytime!