Revelation! (Thor Alfred) *Updated - Page 6

Please do the Nameberry Blog, Norsedad!

I love it!!! Very distinctive without being at all clownish or too strange. Personally, I would be thrilled to meet someone named [name]Thor[/name]. As a fan of mythologies from all over the world, [name]Thor[/name] has always stood out to me as a great name. [name]Thor[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] rolls off the tongue well, looks great written down, and gives your kid some options. Very well done, I like your style!
22-4 :wink:

I’ve got a few girl name polls running right now. Looking at [name]Clara[/name], [name]Isla[/name], and [name]Ellery[/name]. I would like Tesla if it wasn’t the name of a heavy metal band and a sports car.

I think its far too over the top to name your child [name]Thor[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]…he will not thank you in later years. Especially if he takes Mythology at school or something similar. If you choose either name I’d go for [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Thor[/name]- then at least he has [name]Leo[/name] to fall back on, and you can refer to him as [name]Thor[/name] at home?

“God of Thunder” is how I’ll refer to him at home. Hey, God of Thunder, take out the trash. Hey, God of Thunder, clean your room. Hey, God of Thunder, do your homework.

Please excuse me as I gush. I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS NAME! What a great combo. I love [name]Thor[/name] followed by [name]Leopold[/name], definitely not the other way around. I’ve known a couple Thors and both wore the name well, so I don’t see it as anything to worry about. One was actually [name]Thorsten[/name] nn [name]Thor[/name]. It sounds like you love it, so go for it!

“God of Thunder” is how I’ll refer to him at home. Hey, God of Thunder, take out the trash. Hey, God of Thunder, clean your room. Hey, God of Thunder, do your homework.[/quote]

He’s not going to happy with that nickname when he’s in high school. Nicknames are fun though. I called my son Petie [name]Kitty[/name]. Hey, Petie [name]Kitty[/name], take out the trash. He didn’t want anyone else to call him that. [name]Just[/name] his sister and me. Sometimes his girlfriend called him Petie [name]Kitty[/name].

Your son and his friends will get a big kick out of “God of Thunder” when they are in middle school.

I hate being one of a few dissenters here, but I prefer [name]Leopold[/name] as a first name to [name]Thor[/name].

This being because I have a brother-in-law named [name]Thor[/name] and he absolutely hates his name. He is blond, tall, Norse…but it still does not really ‘go.’

Whenever he takes his dog to the vet they think that [name]Thor[/name] is the dogs name.

“God of Thunder” is how I’ll refer to him at home. Hey, God of Thunder, take out the trash. Hey, God of Thunder, clean your room. Hey, God of Thunder, do your homework.[/quote]

He’s not going to happy with that nickname when he’s in high school. Nicknames are fun though. I called my son Petie [name]Kitty[/name]. Hey, Petie [name]Kitty[/name], take out the trash. He didn’t want anyone else to call him that. [name]Just[/name] his sister and me. Sometimes his girlfriend called him Petie [name]Kitty[/name].

Your son and his friends will get a big kick out of “God of Thunder” when they are in middle school.[/quote]

I was just joking. I don’t really intend to call him “God of Thunder”. Although I could see me saying it in a sarcastic way every so often.

My wife is starting to weigh-in here. She decided she doesn’t like [name]Leopold[/name]. She wants to use my Grandfather’s name, [name]Alfred[/name]. So we are now leaning toward [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] or [name]Thor[/name] [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. Disregarding all the debate about [name]Thor[/name], which way does it sound and flow better?

I love the name [name]Thor[/name]!! I am actually planning to use it as a first name for one of my twins due in [name]May[/name]. My maiden name is [name]Thor[/name]-------- We don’t live in a Scandinavian area but I don’t care. I want a strong male name.