Reverie/Waverly

Hi there, first time poster on here! I fell in love with the name [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] a long time ago and have it set for my first girl (fiancé and I are ttc)! Would [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] be too much for our second girl?? We plan on having two as close as possible. [name_f]My[/name_f] main concern is the sounds everie and averly being too confusing and similar but I’m not sure…

Boy name pick is Zealand if that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks x

I love [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] but I think they’re too close, sorry!

4 Likes

I do think they’re too close, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Welcome to Nameberry!

Reading them, my instinct was that they’re similar, but not too close. However, I’ve just said them aloud together and they do sound very close. I think it could get a little confusing.

What about [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] and…

Wednesday
[name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_f]Boheme[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Poesy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

2 Likes

They do feel a little too close.

1 Like

Yes. You’ll be stuck with names ending in the “ee” sound & Zealand will seem out of place. WDTY of [name_f]Oceania[/name_f] for [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]?

I likeReverie & Zealand but not [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] & Zealand.

1 Like

And maybe [name_f]Vera[/name_f] — it’s wAVERly, it’s just an anagram with a few letters dropped.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion and your suggestion!

Felicity is the only other “ee” name on our list though.
And I’ve never considered using that name but it might be making its way on my list now as a replacement. Are there other variants of the name “[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]” you might know of?

Not a fan of [name_f]Vera[/name_f] or short names sadly :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you!!

I had the exact same problem which prompted me to ask this question since it’s been bugging me for awhile now!

Your suggestions are amazing and some of them are already on my list such as [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] being my #1
girl name (but too scared to use right away lol)

Wednesday
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
But they’re are all gorgeous!

1 Like

Ahh, I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is a lot less “out there” than [name_f]Reverie[/name_f], actually! And she could be [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] or [name_f]Posie[/name_f] for short, which feel very approachable.

Here in the UK, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is #230 on the girls’ name charts, so uncommon but not unheard of. I have met a couple and hearing the name always makes me smile :blush:

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve actually never met a [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and heard the name somewhere as a kid! Then read and watched Hunger Games and well I love it but don’t necessarily want that association with it!

Her nickname would probably be Prim over [name_f]Rose[/name_f], since it’s also in honour of one of my sisters, [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Posie[/name_f] as i think that’s still a cute nn for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] “[name_f]Posie[/name_f]” a lot! [name_m]Just[/name_m] my two cents.

1 Like

Why didn’t i think of this​:woozy_face::woozy_face:
Thank you!

1 Like

It’s not a problem at all! Anything to help. Good luck on your naming journey! ^^

1 Like

Oceana is a pretty option!

1 Like