Reviews on new interests

I’ve a few names that have always been on my long list but I’m particularly enjoying lately and thought I’d post them for review? What do like or not like about each of these names?

[name_f]Elke[/name_f] / [name_f]Elka[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

[name_f]Elke[/name_f] / [name_f]Elka[/name_f] - like these names, but prefer [name_f]Eliska[/name_f].
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - lovely name
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] - lovely name
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f] - lovely name, also, but prefer [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] - bit too much, but it’s still very nice name

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] and [name_f]Reverie[/name_f].

[name_f]Elke[/name_f] / [name_f]Elka[/name_f]- Very pretty!
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]- I want to like it, but I just can’t for some reason. It’s nice, but it doesn’t sound that great when I say it.
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]- I like the mythological connections, but I’m not such a big fan of the sound.
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]- I like it!
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]- I love, love, love [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]! It’s one of my favourites.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] is stunning. It’s on my own list. I like [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] in theory, but I’ve yet to see it on a person so it feels unwearable. The others don’t really appeal to me.

Thank you all for your comments.

southern.maple – I understand what you’re saying about [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] and how you’ve no-one to relate it to to make it feel wearable. I was the same way until recently when I heard a few interviews of new Neighbours (Australian television soap) actress [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] Valance on the radio. Suddenly the name felt a little more usable. It was the same with [name_f]Elka[/name_f] years ago with Aussie Olympic swimmer [name_f]Elka[/name_f] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] I warmed to a long while back with Australian Idol singer [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] DeVito, and recently with the help of a character on Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m]. When you see a name used in the real world, or even a fictional one, it suddenly makes it a lot more wearable. [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] grew out of GP territory and into possible usable territory after seeing photos and some posts of Mommy blogger [name_m]Woolf[/name_m]'s daughter [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list are [name_f]Elke[/name_f] & [name_f]Gaia[/name_f]

[name_f]Elke[/name_f] / [name_f]Elka[/name_f]- I’m not a fan of this one. It is nms.
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]- I think [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] is amazing. I would be so excited to meet a [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]. So beautiful.
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]- This is a bit much for [name_m]IRL[/name_m]. I think it is a cool name, but I think it is better suited for a character than a real person.
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]- I think [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] is really pretty. It has an awesome sound. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning. I’d probably use it as a middle name, just because I’m not a fan of word names (but I think [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] is one of the best word names).
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]. I think it is beautiful and classy. I think it is usable. I would use it. I’d be so excited to meet an [name_f]Olympia[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] - it sounds so serene and peaceful and just flows… [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]!

[name_f]Elke[/name_f] / [name_f]Elka[/name_f]: I love, love, love this name. I prefer [name_f]Elke[/name_f]. It’s on my list.
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]: Stunning.
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]: Skews a little hippy to me, but I like it.
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]: not my favorite. It’s a little too precious.
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]: I adore [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]. If I didn’t live in [name_m]Washington[/name_m], it would be high on my list.