Revised List: We found some we actually agree on!

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone!

I posted an initial list awhile back, and loved your feedback! My husband and I have continued name discussion and have come up with some new and modified names…I would love your feedback and suggestions again!

Here is what we are currently thinking over:

1. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] G@ubatz
    ([name]Maren[/name] has been on the list for awhile, but I am still uncertain of a middle for [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] would be honoring my Great Aunt ([name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name]). We have also considered [name]Maren[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]. [name]Joyce[/name] would be honoring my husband’s grandfather ([name]Joyce[/name]), and [name]Lynn[/name] would be honoring my Dad ([name]Stephen[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]) and my sister ([name]Emily[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you like any of these middles with [name]Maren[/name]? I am open to other suggestions! :slight_smile:

2. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] G@ubatz
    (I love [name]Elle[/name], but fear all the [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]'s of the world may make it too common? [name]Margaret[/name] is for my Grandmother)

3. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] G@ubatz
    (see [name]Joyce[/name] above)

4. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] G@ubatz
    ([name]Jane[/name] is my mother’s name)

5. [name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] G@ubatz
    ([name]Madelyn[/name] is on our list as a name we both like, but don’t [name]LOVE[/name])

So, what do you think? :slight_smile:

1. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I love the name [name]Maren[/name]. I think [name]Rose[/name] goes well with it, but if you’d like to honor both [name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name], have you considered using [name]Jocelyn[/name]? [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] does repeat the “n” sound, but I still think it’s pretty. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a little more to my liking, but [name]Jocelyn[/name] may work with some of your other names. This is my favorite of your list, because it is unusual but accessible.

2. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - I like [name]Elle[/name], I like [name]Margaret[/name], but there are a plethora of [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] children now. I think this combo is lovely and classic, but if you’re concerned with popularity, I would avoid it.

3. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] - I like [name]Evelyn[/name], but it’s also becoming sort of popular. I don’t like it with [name]Joyce[/name], honestly. Together they sound dated. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would work better, [name]IMO[/name].

4. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I love this classic combo. Second favorite to [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] would work well also, but [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so pretty and classic.

5. [name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] - this is probably my least favorite. I don’t like the alternate spelling of [name]Madelyn[/name], it’s very popular, especially with all the Madisons running around.

Honestly, though, these are all solid choices. I have my preferences, but that’s just my taste. They’re all accessible, they’d all work well for a child or an adult, and even though [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Madelyn[/name] may run into some mispellings, none of them are “out there”. I do have to put in my vote for [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] one more time… I just think that’s a lovely combination. Best of luck to you!

I really like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]! I am usually not a [name]Rose[/name] fan but I do like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] more than [name]Maren[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] or [name]Maren[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] (although [name]Joyce[/name] would be my second pick). I think [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is so chic and girly and sweet… even though [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] are popular, I think [name]Elle[/name] is still striking enough and stands out enough on its own that your daughter’s name will be memorable. I don’t think you could go wrong with either of those choices! [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is my favorite, though.

Good luck!

Thanks Dandelion_Wine! I think [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is my favorite too! I hadn’t thought of [name]Jocelyn[/name] as a way to honor both [name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] - I will pass this idea on to my husband as well!

I agree with you on the [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name], now that you mention it seeming “dated” I see that too, also agree with you about the spelling of [name]Madelyn[/name] (I prefer [name]Madeline[/name], my husband has said he only likes it spelled [name]Madelyn[/name]).

Thanks again! :slight_smile: I love to get opinions from all the “Berries” here!

Thanks Ashthedreamer! [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is still in the running for sure, in fact, if it weren’t for all the [name]Elle[/name]-name popularity it would be number one, but I think the popularity is what is giving [name]Maren[/name] a slight edge for me lately!

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is gorgeous. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be very sweet as well. I love [name]Maren[/name]. I also think [name]Elle[/name] is very nice and think that it would stand out amongst the sea of [name]Ella[/name]'s and [name]Ellie[/name]'s, though that may just be to me because of my name obsession haha. Either way I think you’ll be fine with either choice. I’m not as keen on the other names, especially [name]Evelyn[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] indianruby! Thanks for your input! I get torn on [name]Evelyn[/name], some days I love it, other days I am uncertain about it! I am glad you also like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! I had thought of [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but was worried about it seeming too much like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name], which I am not sure I care for. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - classic and spunky
2 [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - sweet and pretty
3 [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - unusual combo but it works!

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is really really pretty…

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] gets my top vote since [name]Maren[/name] is so unusual. I wonder if [name]Maren[/name] could honor [name]Margaret[/name], though it’s a little stretch. I don’t care so much for [name]Lynn[/name] or [name]Jocelyn[/name] with it in the middle because they do both repeat the end of [name]Maren[/name]. Perhaps [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Maren[/name] [name]Roselind[/name] would get [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] together without too much -n sound? [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (or [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]) would be my second pick. I think [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is pretty, but [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ellery[/name]/[name]Ellison[/name]/[name]Ell[/name]… does seem to have exploded.

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]?

I like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] best from your list. I really like dandelion_wine’s suggestion of [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] would honor your great-aunt, dad, sisiter, and your husband’s grandfather.

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone!

Looks like [name]Maren[/name] as a fn is in the lead!

[name]Mischa[/name], MollyKat78 - Thanks for your thoughts! I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

ellenelle - I can see where you are coming from with repeating the final “n” sound in [name]Maren[/name] with [name]Lynn[/name] or [name]Jocelyn[/name]. It is definitely something I will keep in mind, as I am not sure of the flow of it. I can also see the connection of [name]MARen[/name] to [name]MARgaret[/name] as well! So that is really nice, thanks for pointing it out!

[name]Author[/name] in Writing and Countrylizb - Thanks! I think the suggestion of [name]Maren[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] is really wonderful considering [name]Maren[/name] can honor [name]Mary[/name] (the first part of my Great Aunt [name]Mary[/name] [name]Rose[/name]'s name) and [name]Jocelyn[/name] very nicely includes [name]Joyce[/name] from my husband’s grandfather and [name]Lynn[/name] from my dad and sister!

Thanks again everyone! I truly appreciate your input! :slight_smile:

1. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] G@ubatz
    [name]Maren[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] would also work, but I like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] a lot! Very pretty. Have you considered [name]Maura[/name]? That’s a similar name I really like.

2. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] G@ubatz
    I really don’t like [name]Elle[/name]. It’s kind of plain and boring for my taste.

3. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] G@ubatz
    I like it actually. Very pretty.

4. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] G@ubatz
    [name]Love[/name] it! What about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Eliza[/name]? I like [name]Eliza[/name] on it’s own but just a thought. This one is my favorite!

5. [name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] G@ubatz
    I like it. I actually prefer [name]Madelyn[/name] to [name]Madeline[/name] (I would say them differently, Mad-uh-lynn vs. Mad-uh-line). The only thing I don’t like is that there are a lot of similar names popping up everywhere ([name]Madison[/name], all the Mc names/variations, they all kinda remind me of each other).

Thanks jennipea382 for your input!

I wouldn’t be able to do [name]Elizabeth[/name] I don’t think because of my name, but I do think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is so pretty!

[name]Maren[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] really stand out to me.

[name]Maren[/name] is a favourite of mine, so underused and unusual and yet feels familiar and not at all weird or wacky. It’s so pretty and [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is darling! I don’t like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] sorry because of the repeating “n” endings, and I’m not so keen on the sound of [name]Maren[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] either. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is lovely.

[name]Elle[/name] is stunning, I’m very fed up of all the [name]Ella[/name]'s, [name]Ellie[/name]'s etc, but for some reason I never tire of [name]Elle[/name]. It’s simple, understated and very elegant. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is beautiful, timeless and sophisticated - I love it :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name] is such a sassy name with so much energy and personality, but also very pretty and feminine. I love it! And [name]Jane[/name] is my middle name which I also hope to pass on to a daughter and I definitely love it. [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] feel like they’re meant to be together!

Argh I can’t choose between the 3! I say [name]Madelyn[/name] should be out. [name]One[/name], neither of you love it, two I think if you’re tired of all the [name]Ellie[/name]'s you’ll become tired of all the [name]Maddie[/name]'s, three I don’t like the spelling but I get that the “lyn” has meaning to you and four, I think it’s one of those names in 20 years time that will be very easy to date back to this generation. [name]Evelyn[/name] is sweet and a nice way to honour your father and sister but I just prefer your other names and don’t really like the combo [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]. [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would be better to me.

So, if I had to rank them I’d say:

1. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Maren[/name] is just so unusual, doesn’t even rank in the top 1000
  2. [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - pure class
  3. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - classic and spunky, great combo!

Good luck!

I love [name]Maren[/name]! I also have seen the spelling [name]Merryn[/name] (a Cornish [name]Saint[/name]) Mairenn (Irish) and Mairin (also Irish/Celtic). I also have a great love of [name]Marin[/name], despite it being a place name.

I love [name]ELLE[/name] to pieces and would use it if I could!!

[name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is gorgeous.

Would you also consider [name]Elle[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]? (swoon)

I think [name]Elle[/name] is a real winner. Beautiful. I wish I could use it (pouts)!!!

[name]Hi[/name] ljanddrl! Thanks so much for commenting! I am so glad you reassured me that [name]Maren[/name] isn’t weird and feels familiar! Thank you! I worry that it isn’t common enough and people will think it is really “out there”. I want a name that isn’t terribly common (trying to stay out of the top 100, but would consider anything below top 50 if I LOVED the name), but I don’t want to be so uncommon that it goes too “weird”. I totally agree with you on the [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name]'s, etc, but for some reason [name]Elle[/name] does feel different! I do really love it, but I fear that it might just be too similar to stand out…your comments encouraged me though!

[name]Plum[/name] and peridot - thanks! We have considered those spellings, but keep coming back to [name]Maren[/name] (I think mostly because of the nickname [name]Ren[/name]!) [name]Do[/name] you think we could still get that nickname with the other spellings? I hadn’t considered [name]Marguerite[/name] as a middle but I do think it is very beautiful! Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to keep that on the list! :slight_smile:

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is totes my fav

close second is [name]Elle[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

both sound classic, and pretty.

a close third is [name]Evelyn[/name], so cute and pretty too, I really like paring it with [name]Rose[/name].
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]…gorge:)