Revising our list...please help!

Hello, everyone!

Recap: I’m eighteen, expecting a girl, father (who’s eighteen as well) and I aren’t together but are committed to raising our child together, my due date’s in about a month, and we’re still not any closer on deciding a name.

I think we’re pretty much set on using [name]Hermione[/name] as the middle name (reason here: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums). I’m loving it more and more everyday and can’t get it out of my head. But we’ve thrown out every girl name we had on our list, because there are absolutely none that we know are the one. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Olive[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]…nope. We definitely need suggestions.

And since my doctor isn’t 100% sure that it’s a girl, we’ve had to come up with a boy name on top of our girl name.

We were pretty set on [name]Leo[/name] for a first name, but it sounds weird with my last name (we’re using his last name, [name]Parker[/name], as a second middle name and my surname, Monroe, as the baby’s) and so we tossed it out. I think for a boy, we want a jazzy-cool, warm, handsome, and intelligent name that ages well. Any suggestions?

[name]Dillon[/name]'s had a bit of an epiphany of sorts for a middle name and is BEGGING to use the middle name of [name]Danger[/name]. I’m not a huge fan, but his enthusiasm for the name is contagious and a tiny part of me thinks it’d be very cool. But is it immature?

Thank you!

Hooray for [name]Hermione[/name]!

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Maren[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Nina[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Emmy[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]

I love [name]Leo[/name] but what about [name]Leon[/name]?

As far as [name]Danger[/name] goes…I have seen it used as a middle name before but I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it. It’s funny, it’s clever, it’s too much, it works, it’s…hard to describe, for me. I wouldn’t throw it out yet though.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lina[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]

If I recall correctly, your surname is [name]Monroe[/name]… ? Personally I think [name]Leo[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is kinda cool! I know a [name]Matt[/name] McGr@th and while it’s pretty rhymey I actually like the way it sounds. [name]Leo[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is far better than [name]Matt[/name] McGr@th :wink:

Bounce :smiley:

What about Fie [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Juna[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Maya[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Lily[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Thea[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Christa[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Nova[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Esme[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Wren[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Freya[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Erica[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Carla[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] or [name]Luna[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]?

For boys: [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Will[/name], [name]Kingsley[/name], [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Eduard[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Jens[/name], [name]Derek[/name], [name]Mads[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Adam[/name] or [name]Spencer[/name]?

I don’t know about [name]Danger[/name]. It just seems… too much. And at the same time, it’s pretty cool.

My first thought was [name]Eve[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]. I like the previous suggestion of [name]Wren[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], as well.

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]

I really don’t think [name]Leo[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] is bad. Other jazzy, cool options:

[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Mack[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]

I do think giving [name]Danger[/name] as a middle name is a bit immature, regardless of the parents’ ages. While it might be cool in theory, your child may tire of the pun. Especially on job applications and the like. I am rather a fan of word names. Something like [name]Frost[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name], etc. would still be cool, but with noteworthy namesakes to lend them weight.

I laughed at [name]Danger[/name], I think it is so cool. Almost too cool. “[name]Danger[/name] is my middle name.” I’ve often thought about using something like that. I just don’t know if anyone would be able to pull it off. As far as names… here goes!

Girls:
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Noa[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Leia[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Jade[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Lara[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Genoa[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]

Boys:
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Cairo[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name]
[name]August[/name]
Luca

Good luck!

Yeah I’m really not feeling [name]Danger[/name] as a middle name (or a name at all). It’s funny, but. . . a name shouldn’t be a joke, I think.

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Monroe[/name], on the other hand, is great! I think that the inverse rhythm [name]LE[/name]-o mon-[name]ROE[/name] creates balance, and offsets the rhyme.

Have you ruled out [name]Hermione[/name] as a first name? I mean, I know, [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] and all that, but if you love it more every day, perhaps it’s the name you want to call your daughter every day.

Other ideas:

Instead of [name]Elsa[/name] or [name]Alice[/name]:
Estlin
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Alda[/name]
[name]Lois[/name]

Instead of [name]Hazel[/name]:
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

Instead of [name]Olive[/name] or [name]Violet[/name]:
[name]Aveline[/name]
Avoca
[name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Vivia[/name]

Instead of [name]Maeve[/name]:
[name]Margaret[/name] (because it has so many great nn’s; don’t remember if you’re adverse to nn’s. . . )
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
Melle
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]

Other ideas:

Also, looking at your signature, have you considered:

[name]Piera[/name] (not etymologically related to pyrrhic of course, but similar in sound, and a very. . .um. . . solid meaning (“rock”). It’s a feminine form of [name]Piero[/name], an Italian form of [name]Peter[/name]. There’s also Pera, a Hebrew name meaning “outcome” or “result.”

I think in Italian you would pronounce it PYER-ah, but I could see it as PEER-ah in the US too.

Also, inspired by your signature, what about [name]Victoria[/name]? Probably more classic than you’re going for, but strong and meaningful.