Rhea and Gaia

Hello all :slight_smile:

I’ve been M.I.A. from the boards for a little bit. As some of you know we were TTC. Success! I’m still very early, 7weeks and have my first appointment on [name]Monday[/name]. I know I should be careful getting too excited.

On to the question - [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Gaia[/name].
I’ve searched high and low on the internet to find the most common pronunciation of each. I’ve found [name]Rhea[/name] as ree-ah and even as ray-ah (my preferred choice) and [name]Gaia[/name] as gay-ah, guy-ah, and even jee-ah (also my preferred).
I just want to get the opinion of the majority.

[name]TIA[/name]

PS
I’m considering both of these names as middle names for [name]Ruby[/name].

I would pronounce it [name]Ray[/name]-ah and [name]Gay[/name]-ah…Never really thought about other ways of saying it :stuck_out_tongue:

I know a [name]Rhea[/name] who pronounced it ree-a, so that’s how I would automatically say it. [name]Gaia[/name], I think, is gay-a, but I could be wrong.

My mythology professor in college pronounced [name]Gaia[/name] as [name]Guy[/name]-ah (though she herself admitted there is some confusion amongst scholars as to exactly how it is said, and that is simply her preferred version) and [name]Rhea[/name] as [name]Ree[/name]-uh.

Congratulations!

I would pronounce [name]Rhea[/name] ray-ah and [name]Gaia[/name] guy-uh. Good luck!

I’d say [name]Ree[/name]-ah and [name]Guy[/name]-ah.

I don’t know about [name]Rhea[/name] but I pronounce [name]Gaia[/name] as [name]Guy[/name]-uh. Congrats!

congrats! i love ruby, but why these 2 names? just curious. in my mind they both have unfavorable other word associations…

I would pronounce [name]Rhea[/name] as [name]Ree[/name] uh because I knew a girl named [name]Rea[/name] who pronounce it this way.

[name]Gaia[/name] I initially read as gay-uh because it reminded me of Jaia (jay-uh), the name of another girl I knew. However, once I saw the option of guy-uh, that’s how I see it.

Congratulations, Disa! :slight_smile:

I pronounce [name]Rhea[/name] as ree-uh (like [name]Rhea[/name] Pearlman from “Cheers” pronounces her name), and [name]Gaia[/name] as guy-uh.

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile: My hubby came home yesterday and told me he thought my favorite name actually went the best with our daughters names. This is a name he has never agreed to before. [name]Lydia[/name]! I’m super excited that he’s okay with it now. Lets hope that I don’t change mind. Now off to find a middle name for [name]Lydia[/name].