Rhiannon?

Would it be OK to pronounce [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] “[name_f]Ree[/name_f]-[name_f]ANN[/name_f]-nen”?
If not, how would this be pronounced in US English?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you find this name:
Unusual and interesting?
Trendy?
Freaky and what-the heck?
Beautiful, lyrical, feminine, uncommon with an fascinating historical lineage? (Hopefully!)

Likely nickname of Rhi ([name_f]Ree[/name_f]) or [name_f]Rhia[/name_f] ([name_f]Ree[/name_f]-uh).

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I would also pronounce it “[name_f]Ree[/name_f]- [name_f]ANN[/name_f]-nen.”
I think I’d pick “unusual and interesting”- I think this name has a lot of personality! [name_f]Rhia[/name_f] and Rhi are cute nicknames.

If not ree-[name_f]ANN[/name_f]-en then how else would it be pronounced? I live in the US and that’s how I would pronounce it. It’s also the only pronunciation I’ve heard in the US.

[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] definitely isn’t a trendy choice. It hasn’t been in the top 1000 since 2007 and dropped significantly before falling out in 2008.

2007 938
2006 739
2005 742
2004 623
2003 581
2002 534
2001 496
2000 453

I think it’s unusual but something that people should be familiar with do to the fact that it’s fairly similar to [name_u]Shannon[/name_u]. [name_f]Rhia[/name_f] would be a nice nickname.

I don’t know any other way to prn [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]. I find it a bit boring to be honest.

I love mystical names, and [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] is one of my faves. I pronounce it as you do. I first heard the name from [name_m]Fleetwood[/name_m] [name_m]Mac[/name_m], and it’s a great moody white whitch song that doesn’t reek of tight bellbottoms and cocaine the way other songs of the era often do (despite all of the band no doubt having a ton of cocaine AND bellbottoms). Because it never caught on as a huge name trend, this association is also not too bad, and instead I associate it with the original associations. There are a ton os legit nicknames from it, too.

I actually love this name, I have a friend with this name and I think it is wonderful.
She actually got ‘[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], like the Fleetwoodmac song?’ alot, but the song was more relevant when she was growing up

I really like it for it’s mythical connections. I’ve never heard it pronounced any way but how you have it. I think it has a nice sound, not to unusual. It’s familiar enough and would be hard to mispronounce. [name_f]Ree[/name_f], [name_f]Rea[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] all good nicknames.

I also have a friend who recently renamed herself and chose [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

d) Beautiful, lyrical, feminine, uncommon with an fascinating historical lineage. (or something like that!)

That’s how I pronounce it! I do indeed think it’s a beautiful, lyrical, feminine, uncommon name with a fascinating historical lineage! [name_m]How[/name_m] did you know? :smiley: Great choice.

I love the name [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]. It’s beautiful & uncommon to me. I like the fact that it’s not in the top 1000 on the social security index.