Rhyming sibling names?

So I just realized that my top contender for a girl name for baby #2 rhymes with our DD’s name (actually only the middle names rhyme – I clearly have a tendency toward a certain sound.) [name]Do[/name] you think that’s weird or a dealbreaker on the name? Here are the names:

DD#1 - [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
Name#2 - [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name]

I’m having a really hard time coming up with middle names I like for [name]Beatrix[/name]. Our last name is two syllables, starts with “Ch” and has the “chowder” sounder of those two letters.

I don’t think it really matters that much, honestly. At least not to most people in the real world lol. I don’t think the majority of people would ever even notice if two siblings’ middle names rhymed (how often do you use both middle names at once?). I mean, my brother’s name is [name]Reeve[/name] and my sister is [name]Evelyn[/name] (EH-vah-lyn), but she was called [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name] pretty often - most people never commented on their rhyming names.

I think it matters more to name-obsessed people like those you find here, lol. I’m kind of in the same predicament because my son’s second middle name will be [name]Reeve[/name] (after my brother) and my daughter’s might be [name]Eve[/name] (after my sister), and I always feel like it sounds awkward to say their potential full names out loud together.

I think it is fine. I am not a fan of rhyming first names, but for middle names it works. It also might be a nice tradition to start with your girls. If you have another, I’d give her a middle name that also ends in elle/ele. Maybe your daughters will do the same some day when they have children of their own.

I agree with poptart - it’s kind of neat!

Since it is a middle name, I don’t think it is a problem at all. But, if you have more daughters, are you going to want to continue this rhyming theme? If so, are there more rhyming names that you like?

Anyway, as far as middle names for [name]Beatrix[/name], some I think are pretty are [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Arden[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alla[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eva[/name] ([name]Ava[/name]?), [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Margo[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Poppy[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses everyone. It’s interesting, I hadn’t thought about starting a name trend if we have all girls. It would be kind of funny because I come from a family of three girls. I’m the oldest and my name starts with K. My next sister’s name also starts with K. When my parents had my third sister, they didn’t plan on keeping with a K trend, but worried she’d feel bad, so they gave her the middle name “[name]Kay[/name]”. :smiley: It would be kind of funny if something similar happened with my little growing family.

[name]Lemon[/name], I also appreciate the other suggestions for middles names for [name]Beatrix[/name]. I’m having such a hard time with those! [name]Beatrix[/name] is such a complex sounding name to me, that I feel like it’s hard to pair something smoothly with it.

I like the suggestion of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eva[/name]. I’ll definitely have to run that by DH.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alla[/name] reminds me of another one I liked but kind of forgot about – [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name]. I’ll have to get that one back on the list.

The other one I thought of recently was [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Sanne[/name] because I just adore the name [name]Sanne[/name] but DH won’t go for it as a first name.

Thoughts or suggestions for anything else?

Hm. Yes, one more suggestion. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ada[/name]. It’s similar to [name]Adele[/name] but doesn’t rhyme, and it has a happy feeling to it, right?

[name]Glad[/name] you liked [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eva[/name] - it feels romantic and strong to me, like [name]Noelle[/name]. Are you pronouncing it like [name]Ava[/name] or like EE-va?

We would pronounce [name]Eva[/name] with a long “a” sound rather than ee-va. (My husband speaks Spanish, so we often defer to the Spanish pronunciation on things like that.)

For some reason [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ada[/name] makes me think of lemonade. I had a set of [name]Strawberry[/name] Shortcake dolls when I was a kid (twins) named [name]Lem[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] and for some reason the flow of a name with [name]Ada[/name] in the middle reminds me of them. :roll: Weird, I know.

I don’t think that rhyming middle names is a problem at all, especially when all these names are so strong and individual. I love [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name]!

That’s how I pronounce [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eva[/name] as well. I think it’s gorgeous. And that’s hilarious about your [name]Strawberry[/name] Shortcake dolls!

Those clever [name]Strawberry[/name] Shortcake namers.

The rhyming middle names aren’t that big of a deal, so if you love [name]Adele[/name], go for it. I’m just not the kind of namer who digs themes or feeling like you have to go along with a theme (even if were accidental in the beginning).

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is beautiful.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Elena[/name] (switching up the elle?)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Molly[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Roma[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Noemie[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ida[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mona[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Emme[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Isla[/name]

I also think that it would be fine to use [name]Adele[/name] as a middle name for your second daughter. It’s really lovely with [name]Beatrix[/name]-the combination [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is so sophisticated! (Also, I love your other daughter’s name, [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. So exquisite!) I don’t think it would be a huge deal for sisters to have rhyming middle names-it’s actually kind of sweet, and like others have said, it might make a nice tradition to begin with your girls (if you feel up to it/like other names that rhyme with [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Noelle[/name]). All this being said, [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Eva[/name] is a really stunning combo as well! Also, alexandramae’s middle name suggestions for [name]Beatrix[/name] are superb! Perhaps you’ll like some of the middles she suggested. Good luck & best wishes to you! :smiley:

~*~Nameseeker3

[name]Beatrix[/name] is on my list of girls names!! My favorite middle for it is [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] flows well, I think! If I ever have a daughter, that combo will be at the top of my list (of course, I have to convince the hubby! lol)