Ridge?

What do you think of this name? Too out there? What kind of kid do you see wearing this name? Would you like to meet a little [name]Ridge[/name]? I’ve never met one, so I have absolutely zero associations with it and could really use some help with general feedback/opinions.

Thanks!

I considered it as a middle name. I wouldn’t personally use it as a first but as a middle I think it could sound nice. I read a fictional book with a “western” time frame and so I always associate with a strong, strapping cowboy! :slight_smile: That’s just the picture I get.

Absolutely love it! Would picture it on a rough and tumble, adventurous snowboarder. [name]Ridge[/name] is so cool! If we didn’t already have [name]Rigby[/name], i could for sure see this on our list.

Also reminds me of [name]Bridger[/name] which is starting to become more and more popular - so [name]Ridge[/name] doesn’t come from completely out of nowhere!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

My best friend is going to name her son [name]Ridge[/name] and he is due next month! She and her husband wanted something different and this one stuck out for them. I like it. I don’t know if I would choose it but I do like it as I like naturey/outdoorsy names.

vivtaliesin - good point about [name]Bridger[/name]. It’s not far off from that phonetically and it seems that one is rising up the charts.

I like it…I wasn’t sure, but the more I think about it, the more I can see it working

FYI - The only association I have for this name is of a TV soap opera character called Ridge Forrester on “The Bold and the Beautiful”. Ridge is the dark haired brother and his fair-haired sibling is named Thorne.

I don’t dislike it, but I could see him having to correct people all the time: “No, not [name]Rich[/name], Ridge.”

I thought of a soap opera character as well, which I guess isn’t the end of the world. The more I read the comments though, the more it’s growing on me.

It reminds me of a soap opera or romance novel character’s name :confused:

Funny. A long time ago, there was a character named, [name]Ridge[/name] [name]Forrester[/name] on a US soap opera (Bold and the Beautiful). The name has crossed my mind but I could never detach myself from the soap opera.

I love [name]Ridge[/name]. It’s at the top of my list. It’s a great word name and not too out there. It makes me think of an adventurous little boy. I’m just not sure about a good middle name to go with it…

I thought of the Bold and the Beautiful straight away. It sounds like a word rather than a name to me but of course if you love it then go for it!

Soap opera character with square jaw and slicked-down hair. Trying too hard to be uber-masculine. [name]Just[/name] my take. :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of or considered this name before and I think I love it! It sounds strong and handsome to me. We have a son named Titan and are expecting again, this one might go on the list…

What about [name]Ridge[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]?

It makes me immediately think of the soap opera character on the Bold and the Beautiful (I don’t even know if the character is still on that show, but that’s what I think of). His brother’s name was [name]Thorne[/name] and I remember my aunt, who lives in [name]Italy[/name], was telling me some people there were using these names for their children (the show was kind of popular there). Otherwise, it’s not a bad name.

ooo, i think i love it! i have never heard of it it before, but i think i might need to add it to my list :slight_smile: thanks! i say go for it!

I like it, it’s a cool western name I would think. I like it as an alternative to [name]Bridger[/name], which is a western name too.

Immediately thought of the soap opera character too.