river or reed?

hi there. i love this site. i have an 8 month old and am always thinking of sibling names - she is [name]Mila[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].

My tops boy names are

[name]Reed[/name] and [name]River[/name]. Any comments? [name]Do[/name] they go with [name]Mila[/name]?

I would love feedback. Please also provide any thoughts for a sister to [name]Mila[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]. THanks so much!!!

I prefer [name]Reed[/name], but spelled [name]Reid[/name], and I think it goes wonderfully with [name]Mila[/name]. Great pairing!

Not a fan of [name]River[/name] at all.

I also prefer [name]Reid[/name] spelled this way. I like [name]River[/name] for a boy.

I absolutely love the name [name]River[/name], so I choose that one!

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]River[/name] for a boy. I know a really great guy named [name]River[/name] and I always have a hard time picturing it on girl (except for [name]River[/name] [name]Tam[/name] from Firefly).

I like [name]Reed[/name] too, just not as much as [name]River[/name].

I love [name]River[/name]!

[name]Reed[/name] x 100000! I don’t have a strong preference on spelling so [name]Reed[/name] or [name]Reid[/name] is fine. Really really not a fan of [name]River[/name], sorry.

I like [name]Reed[/name], but not [name]Reid[/name]…that way it’s more naturey/surnamey instead of just a straight up last name. [name]River[/name] is ok. I have known a lot of babies with this name. Along the same theme what do you think of [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Robin[/name]?

All go great with [name]Mila[/name].

As for girls maybe [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Esme[/name]?

I would choose [name]River[/name]. I like [name]Reed[/name] better honestly and we considered it for my son, but I used it for a day and it sounds just like read. You would be surprised how many times you say read in a day. I had to remove it from my list. [name]Love[/name] it as a middle name though.

[RIGHT][LEFT][/LEFT][/RIGHT]I’d choose [name]River[/name]. [name]Obviously[/name]. I like [name]Reed[/name] on a girl alot more than on a boy.Gah, my mind was on Reed, but I choose River. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, I know of a [name]Mila[/name] (3) who has a brother [name]Reef[/name] (1).