Roadie? Thoughts?

I was playing around with Roads/Road as a name, and I come up with Roadie. I looked it online and I dont particularly mind the band association. What are your thoughts? Is it too weird to be used?

*Just collecting :slight_smile:

TIA

Iā€™m not keen sounds like a dogs name. I would prefer just Roads as a middle name. Something like Phoebe Roads would be cute

2 Likes

I think itā€™s cool as a nickname, but I donā€™t love it as a full name. I also much prefer it on a boy.

2 Likes

in addition to the band association, Roadie is also a frequent term for a beer/alcoholic beverage taken in the car for a trip. She probably wonā€™t hear that until college, though (if itā€™s even a popular term by then).

I love the name Rhodes. I think that nn would be cute for when sheā€™s little, but she might outgrow it (i.e. Meg vs. Meggie)

2 Likes

To me it just sounds a bit odd, sorry. If I came across Roadie IRL I would probably assume that itā€™s a nickname.

1 Like

I have to admit, Roadie isnā€™t really a positive term where I live? Itā€™s still associated with bands, but itā€™s more along the lines of a groupie, I guess?

Rhodes would be really cool though!

2 Likes

I find it a little odd to be honest. It sounds like someone who tags along and Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s quite what you want from your name

Brodie, Bridie or Jolie might be similar choices

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s usable as a name.

2 Likes

Itā€™s honestly not my favorite. I associate it with band fandoms or long, boring road trips, to be honest. When I say it out loud though, it makes me think of Rhodey (War Machine) from the Marvel movies. Heā€™s a dude but I think that spelling is a little better.

I also think Rhodes is super cool!

1 Like

Itā€™s not my style, but I donā€™t think itā€™s awful. Some other names that come to mind are: Remington ā€œRemiā€, Romi, Bohdi, Sailor, Riley, or Romilly?

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Rhodie is an actual name. Itā€™s a Greek/Latin name, a variant of Rhoda and it means ā€˜roseā€™/ā€˜from Rhodesā€™.

1 Like

I agree that Rhodes or even Roads is super cool, but i think that Roadie has some negative connotations. I thought it meant something else no one has mentioned but itā€™s def too inappropriate to say and maybe iā€™m wrong lol

1 Like

Honestly, I donā€™t think itā€™s great as a given name. All I think of is the quite negative image of those people who tag along with a touring band (like that movie that Susan Sarandon and Goldie Hawn are in where they sleep with all the musicians! Entertaining movie, but not what Iā€™d want to be named after).

BUT I do really love the name Rhodes, and can definitely see Rhodie/Roadie used as a nickname no problem.

1 Like

Like @CecilyG said my first thought is a slang term for a sex act so I would definitely advise against.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a fan of Roadie. What about [name_f]Rhodia[/name_f] instead?

1 Like