Robin for a boy: two questions

Two questions about [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as a boy name.

1. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about it in general?

2. If you met a father named [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] (often goes by [name_u]Chris[/name_u]) and he had a son named [name_u]Robin[/name_u], would you assume that someone in the family was obsessed with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh?

I like it for a boy, but yes I would automatically think if [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh with [name_m]Christopher[/name_m].

I think the name [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is fine for a boy, but it does make me think of [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. At least [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh is a good association.

I love [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for a boy! I probably would make the [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh connection but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing.

I don’t think I’d think you were obsessed with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] The Pooh, BUT I would assume that was what you INTENDED to do, like as a connection between father and son. So you have to decide just how much it would bother you if people brought up the connection.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for males, hate it for females.

It is dashing sounding to me.

Personally, I would name him [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and call him [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_u]Robbie[/name_u].

I would not make a connection between the father and son and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh unless Mom’s name was Eeyore! :slight_smile: