Robin?

I can’t tell if this name works or not?
For a girl…
Any input?
I’ve never heard a little girl named this!

It’s a real name. Depending on how old you are, you might have met several little girls with this name in the 70s. I had at least 2 friends named [name]Robin[/name] and a few at my school in the 70s and 80s.

Probably it’s not that popular now, but I don’t see why not.

I know both a teenager and a 50-something woman with this name. To be honest, I’m not a fan of it. It’s not that I don’t like the sound of it, but rather that I would not want to be named [name]Robin[/name] and I can’t think of any nicknames. Another bird name that I think is pretty is [name]Wren[/name].

[name]Robin[/name] is really dated/out of style (type it into the box at the left to read about it), but if you love it, you should go for it.

What about [name]Wren[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], or [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], [name]Rory[/name], or [name]Bryony[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My sister named her daughter this. My niece is 5 and adorable and the only [name]Robin[/name] around in her school or neighborhood. But I still think of it as a name from the 60s and 70s. I know lots of [name]Robins[/name] in their mid to late 30s.

Actually the only [name]Robins[/name] I know are girls. Also mid-late 30s.

Goes well with the [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Lark[/name] bird theme and I guess could be very cute. My dislike of the name is solely tied to the individuals I knew would wore the name, so its unfair to the name itself which is cute.

My mom’s cousin is named [name]Robin[/name], and so is her husband. So they’re [name]Robin[/name] and [name]Robin[/name]. So when we refer to them we say Girl [name]Robin[/name] and Boy [name]Robin[/name]. That situation alone makes me dislike the name [name]Robin[/name]. Though, I must say, Girl [name]Robin[/name] is a very, very nice person. I’m sure Boy [name]Robin[/name] is too, but I really don’t know him.

There is a character on [name]General[/name] Hospital named [name]Robin[/name]… she’s quite annoying.

It’s cute, barely used nowadays, and a friendly sort of name. I’m biased a bit because it’s my mom’s name, though. :slight_smile: She said she used to get a lot of Batman comments as a kid, which is mild as far as teasing goes…

Sure, I think it’s cute for a girl, too. If you like it, go for it.