Romantic first name for a traveler

My typo bothered me so much I had to repost my thread. I don’t know how to delete a thread I started, so ignore the other one.

Right now my two top boys names are Somerled- summer traveler and [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]- brave journey. The problem is everything else on my boys lists seem boring right now: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]. I could not convince hubby to ever use [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] or Somerled as first names, so I am requesting some assistance in creating some beautiful combos to dazzle him with, pretty please. :slight_smile:

Some I’ve thought of:

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] Somerled
[name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m].

None of these are quite hitting the spot except maybe [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled. I want something that is strong yet gentle, maybe a bit mischievous and boyish yet mature.

I don’t really have any suggestions or opinions on the first names you have listed, but I just wanted to say that I swooned over Somerled and I’ve always liked [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] but didn’t know it’s amazing meaning! I hope you win your husband over for them as first names!

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] is great! My husband and I are considering [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] as a middle for our son. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled - swoon! And also [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]! [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]! (although I prefer Somerled in the middle) Have you considered [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m]? I love that name…I heard it on a young boy in a [name_m]French[/name_m] film and it was gorgeous when they said it! What about famous travelers names - [name_m]Leif[/name_m], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], etc…? Or what about some ‘place’ names that could be anywhere in the world - like [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_u]Dale[/name_u], [name_m]Warren[/name_m] (hee hee), etc…My sister just had a baby boy and named him [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m], which means ‘[name_m]Land[/name_m] of the Lakes’ which seems very romantic and travelish. I’ve always loved [name_m]Whistler[/name_m], too…not just for the mountain, but because I just imagine a boy/man traveling along, whistling as he goes…

[name_u]Perrin[/name_u] is a name that means ‘traveler’ ([name_f]Perrine[/name_f] for a girl); it’s [name_m]French[/name_m]. [name_u]Perrin[/name_u] Somerled sounds good to me.

I’ve been in love with Somerled forever, it was the first name I thought of when I saw the title of your thread and I think it’s the perfect choice! From your list I like [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled. Some other combo’s you might consider…

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] Somerled
[name_u]Alden[/name_u] Somerled
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] Somerled
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] Somerled
[name_m]Heath[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Olin[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Taft[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] Somerled

[name_m]Amos[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]

[name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled! Absolutely fabulous name! The pairing of the classic name with the more unusual (but not weird) middle is wonderful. The only two I don’t care for are [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m].

Thanks for the inspiration. I like
[name_m]Leif[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Odysseus[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]

I especially love [name_u]Perrin[/name_u] Somerled, but it’s too similar to [name_m]Warren[/name_m]. Come to think of it [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is way too close as well unfortunately.
You are warming me up to [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled even more. Does everyone say Ny-all like [name_m]Nigel[/name_m] without the G?

A few more suggestions in case you’re looking…

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] (literal meaning)
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] (traveler/pilgrim)
[name_m]Rohmer[/name_m]/[name_m]Romer[/name_m] (pilgrim/fame)

And Somerled combinations:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Somerled
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] Somerled.

Can I ask how Somerled is pronounced? What a gorgeous meaning.

I also love [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled. [name_u]Truly[/name_u] swoon worthy and a clear winner! Nicely done!

Milasmama- I really like [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]! Thanks. I’ve heard it and liked it but never considered it for myself. I like [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] too, but the origin seems heavy to me. Somerled is pronounced like summer-led sort of smooshed together. I say the first part more like sommer than summer.

Rmbear- Yeah, I think I’m getting really attached to [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Somerled.