Romantic, Fun and Hip Name Rolled into ONE

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I am getting ready to think about getting pregnant again after losing a little baby girl four months ago. I was never able to find a girls name that felt right to me and that we both agreed on. So now I am taking the time to do so!

So please help! The names I like tend to be more romantic and his a little more all-american. The ones listed are somewhat okay with the both of us :wink: Please let me know what you think of them and any pairings that come to mind!

The names that we are on the cusp of liking are…

Me
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
Adler
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
Lively
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Bardot[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

Him
[name]Miley[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]

Sorry for your loss :frowning:

The names on that list that strike me the most as being romantic, fun, and hip are [name]Estelle[/name]/[name]Stella[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name]. [name]Love[/name] them both. They’d be on my list if it weren’t for the fact that my DH nixed one and the other doesn’t work with my last name (respectively). Though they aren’t exactly my style, I also really like [name]Harper[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Isabel[/name] (but not [name]Isabella[/name]), [name]Sasha[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] (prefer [name]Sophie[/name]), [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Ingrid[/name]. Most of the rest I’m neutral on, except for a few I dislike… [name]Ainsley[/name], Adler, [name]Miley[/name], [name]Nyla[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and [name]Paloma[/name].

I think these combos are made of win:

[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]*
[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Finley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Emily[/name]*
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Bardot[/name]*

(OK, so I added some other names in the mix… needed more consonants!)

[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Faye[/name]*
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Renee[/name]*
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Simone[/name]*
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]*
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

• = fave

Wow, I love some of these enough to steal them! (J/K, don’t worry, these are too normal for DH. [name]Le[/name] sigh.) [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Faye[/name] sounds retro and mod - hip, fun, and colorful. [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Renee[/name], and [name]Ella[/name] [name]Simone[/name] sound chic and sophisticated. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] [name]Bardot[/name] sound saucy and confident. I can’t decide if [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Renee[/name] or [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is my absolute fave, but they are the two I feel best typify the qualities you are looking for. Or maybe I just really like them.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps a little! Good luck with TTC!

You have great taste in names! Here are my opinions…

Me
[name]Olive[/name]-- nms, but I like it
[name]Isla[/name]-- I do like it despite its threat of becoming very trendy. I see this as a romantic and hip name.
Adler – not a fan
[name]Finley[/name] – don’t like, especially on a girl
[name]Ingrid[/name] – [name]LOVE[/name]. Very romantic and fun, familiar yet not common.
[name]Delaney[/name] – I have always thought nn [name]Laney[/name] was cute, but at the same time it is too cute. Fun name, not romantic though.
[name]Paloma[/name] – nms, but I like it! Fun name
[name]Isobel[/name] – not a fan, the popularity of [name]Isabella[/name] and all its variants have definitely caused it to lose their ‘wow factor’ for me
Lively – spunky and fun choice! I adore this on a little girl, but I don’t know how well it would age.
[name]Harlow[/name] – ok. It fits the description you are looking for, although [name]Harlow[/name] always sounds kind of depressing to me…don’t know why
[name]Stella[/name]/[name]Estelle[/name] – [name]Stella[/name] is too trendy for my tastes, I like [name]Estelle[/name] a lot.
[name]Hazel[/name] – love this!
[name]Tallulah[/name] – see answer for Lively
[name]Avalon[/name] – love it, although I do think of the car.
[name]Imogen[/name] – love it! See answer for [name]Ingrid[/name].
[name]Sasha[/name] – I love [name]Sasha[/name], and I think it fits romantic, fun and hip
[name]Violet[/name] – I have never seen the appeal of the name [name]Violet[/name], but that must just be me because it is a very popular name!
[name]Daisy[/name] – very cute, I love it on a baby/girl, but can’t picture taking an adult named [name]Daisy[/name] seriously. With all the [name]Maisie[/name]'s and [name]Daisy[/name]'s out there, though…it would probably work.
[name]Suri[/name] – too [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name]/[name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t know if I like the name, anyway.
[name]Harper[/name] – like it, but too trendy for my tastes (I see hip and trendy as being different things).
[name]Ainsley[/name] – see above. [name]Ainsley[/name] always makes me think of pain and it just sounds whiney when I say it (sorry to be so negative)
[name]Bardot[/name] – unique and romantic
[name]Waverly[/name] – I love this name! I think it fits what you are looking for.

My favorites: [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Waverly[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]

Him
[name]Miley[/name] – please no!
The next 6 on his list are too popular and/or trendy for me:
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Nyla[/name] – love it! It kind of reminds me of a name you would give a pet kitten, but I still love it.
[name]Chloe[/name] – I have always liked [name]Chloe[/name]. It is sweet and fun. Cute.

I think your best bet would be taking a first name from your list and using one of his names for the middle. [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] are all beautiful, fabulous names (they are popular for a reason!) and I think they would be great in the middle.

Of my favorites, I like:
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] (I usually don’t have the names start with the same letter, but I [name]LOVE[/name] this combo!)
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Ella[/name]

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ava[/name]

Another name to consider that might fit both your styles is [name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name]

whistlinggirlThanks! I really like your combos! This really does help me figure out what I like, and makes the names fresh again!! So these are my favs and why:

[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]*–I really like this combo. it has a lot of what im looking for (spunk and romanticism)
[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Finley[/name] *– I’m on the fence about using [name]Sasha[/name] as a first name truthfully (i [name]LOVE[/name] it as a nickname or middle). i do REALLY like the flow of it and would sound nice with our last name!
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Emily[/name] – not sure if i like this one, seems clunky. although i can imagine a very cute little girl.
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Violet[/name]*–I really like this combo and the sound of the repetitive v’s. Our names seem pretty darn popular. I wish [name]AVA[/name] wasn’t sooo popular!
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]* – i [name]LOVE[/name] this one! Has everything I’m looking for too. [name]Love[/name] the nn possibilities “[name]Olive[/name], [name]Liv[/name], Ingy”
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Bardot[/name]-- i finally see bardot working now! thank u for this. on the fence about using [name]Emily[/name] as a first, same reason as [name]AVA[/name]. OK

So interesting that you needed more consonants. I am drawn to Os and As. That is also a prob cuz our lastname has many :frowning:

[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Faye[/name] – not a fan of faye or faith. seems dated to me. Maybe
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] – fleur has always seemed like an odd name, too much like floor or missing -er
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Renee[/name]-- not a fan of renee either
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Simone[/name]* – i really [name]LOVE[/name] this. [name]Nina[/name] [name]Simone[/name] is one of my fav singers!
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] – not in love with [name]Sylvie[/name], it seems like a mean person’s name
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] – very pretty and fem. OK
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] – i like this one a lot too. OK
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Jade[/name] – not a fan of jade.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Willow[/name] – not a fan of wilow either
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name] – i do like this one! we know a claire though. OK

I love [name]Estelle[/name]! It seems like [name]Estella[/name] could be a good compromise for you and dh. He loves [name]Isabella[/name] you love [name]Estelle[/name], put em together and what do ya get? [name]Estella[/name]

It seems that you and DH might have the same issue i had with my DH. I want something unique, he likes all the most popular names without knowing how popular they are. We ended up going with an underused classic modern nn. Although I hated having to compromise and I must admit that I probably wouldn’t have used her name if i didn’t have to compromise. But I love the nn and we found a pleasant middle ground that way. So the only advice i can offer is to find a full name that pleases one parent and a nn that pleases the other.

Thanks, Gigi22 for all the breakdowns on the names. I love hearing what you think of them! [name]Just[/name] to explain the reasoning why my husband likes [name]Miley[/name] “cuz you can’t help but smile when you say it.” LOL! Sorta cute. I’ve added a lot of ur names to my babyname list! These are my favs:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] I really like the flow of this too!
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]

and the ones that seem to be on your second tier are also some of my favs. nice to see these laid out.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Waverly[/name], [name]Sasha[/name], Lively, [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Bardot[/name].

Katielea: That reminds me of [name]Estrella[/name]–Spanish for star. Maybe that is another good in-between option! I think you summed up our naming desires well too. Trying to decide on a name we both like is like pulling teeth! And our names preferences aren’t even THAT different! I think we will have to find a compromise. I wouldnt be opposed if I could go with one of my fav nicknames: [name]Lola[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Sasha[/name], [name]Olive[/name]!