Rome or Roman?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys. I’m posting for my sister lol. She really likes the name [name_m]Rome[/name_m] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] but she’s currently siding more with [name_m]Rome[/name_m] so she wants to get some more opinions. She likes the name [name_f]Nala[/name_f] for a girl. Thanks!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Roman[/name_m], as it feel more namelike to me. [name_m]Rome[/name_m] definitely works, though! I think either way she will choose a good name.

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] both, [name_m]Roman[/name_m] is more substantial as a name I think? but [name_m]Rome[/name_m] is a little cooler.

1 Like

I prefer just [name_m]Rome[/name_m]. I like the ‘place name’ vibe and slightly gentler feel.

1 Like

I like both!

However I think [name_m]Rome[/name_m] is cooler, more whimsical and I like the off the beaten track feel that he provides so as a result I think I prefer [name_m]Rome[/name_m].

1 Like

I constantly go back & forth between these myself. Right now I’m leaning more towards [name_m]Roman[/name_m] with the NN [name_m]Rome[/name_m] on my own list just so I can have both lol.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] more as a name. Hearing [name_m]Rome[/name_m] I feel like the constant question would be in regards to spelling…. [name_m]Rome[/name_m] or Roam or someone might even hear [name_m]Roan[/name_m]. [name_m]Roman[/name_m] avoid all that possible confusion.

1 Like

I know a [name_m]Rome[/name_m] so I don’t find it weird, but I personally like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] more! I don’t usually love obvious place names, unless there’s a significant connection to that place. And if she names him [name_m]Roman[/name_m] she can still call him [name_m]Rome[/name_m]!

4 Likes

I almost always prefer streamlined, straightforward shorter names but for whatever reason i actually like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] with nn [name_m]Rome[/name_m] more. It just feels more substantial and “namey”

2 Likes

In this case, I would vote for [name_m]Roman[/name_m] nn [name_m]Rome[/name_m]!
I don’t think yoir sister needs to choose one of them, both can work together as a first name and nickname.
[name_m]Roman[/name_m] sounds powerful, elegant, distinct, strong and brave. [name_m]Rome[/name_m] feels more romantic. It’s gentle, warm and charismatic. [name_m]Rome[/name_m] is a magical city, and it makes a great place themed name.

I like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] better- [name_m]Rome[/name_m] is the natural nickname.

I like the sound of [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and [name_f]Nala[/name_f] together, so my vote goes to [name_m]Roman[/name_m]! As the previous posters have suggested though, [name_m]Rome[/name_m] would make an excellent nickname for [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and then she could use both!

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] is a most established name, so I’d say that. I do think of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] empire.

I choose [name_m]Rome[/name_m]. I also like the Rhome spelling too. I know a [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] and a Rhome (it’s a name of a town in Texas).