Romia? What Do You Think?

What do you think of the Italian name [name]Romia[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name]/[name]Romi[/name]? What kind of image does it give you and what kind of names could you imagine sisters of a [name]Romia[/name] having?

[name]Just[/name] discovered this one and can’t decide if it fits with my other names!

I like [name]Romia[/name] alright, and I’ve always thought [name]Romy[/name] was a cool nickname. [name]Romia[/name] makes me think of salad for some reason. Probably [name]Romaine[/name] lettuce. Out of the names in your signature I think it goes best with [name]Penelope[/name], which coincidentally has alway reminded me of cantelope. I guess I’m a food person. [name]Romia[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. Hmm. Yeah, I think they sound nice together. Oh, and I’m pronouncing [name]Romia[/name] as [name]Rome[/name]-ee-uh.

Yes that’s how I’m pronouncing it too :slight_smile:

I’ve also just found Romelia - does that make you think of food less? Lol. Or does it go with the other names better?

[name]Romia[/name] doesn’t make me think of [name]Romaine[/name] Lettuce (the name [name]Romaine[/name] does though!!) but it does make me think of [name]Romeo[/name] - I wonder if it’s too close?

Yeah, I definitely like Romelia better. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about my strange associations, I’m just weird that way. [name]Romia[/name] is a bit close to [name]Romeo[/name], but [name]Romeo[/name] isn’t terribly popular so I wouldn’t worry about it unless you name her sister [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Melly[/name] is another nice nn, too. Romelia is very pretty.

Let me buy a consonant. [name]How[/name] about [name]Romina[/name]?

Lol that made me giggle.

I like [name]Romina[/name] but I have [name]Mirabella[/name] on my list and the [name]Mira[/name]/[name]Mina[/name] thing bothers me. What do you think of Romelia?

Sorry but I’m not a fan of Romelia. To me it sounds like an old Spanish lady, the type I was taught to address as [name]Do[/name]”a (matron) Romelia. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Romilly[/name]?

What about just [name]Roma[/name]? I do like Romelia too. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Romilly[/name]? Or maybe Romelina?

I considered suggesting [name]Roma[/name] too, but I immediately think of [name]Roma[/name] tomatoes. [name]Romilly[/name], though, is my favorite Rom- name. I’d completely forgotten about it. I lovvvveee [name]Romilly[/name].

When I see [name]Romia[/name], I pronounce it ROM ia (like, CD ROM). The other names with the ‘e’ make more sense to pronounce as [name]Rome[/name]. What about just [name]Roma[/name]? Of the suggestions made, I like [name]Roma[/name] and [name]Romina[/name] best.

[name]Romia[/name] is not my favourite “ROM” name. It looks like it’s made up (eg. two names blended together) . I much prefer [name]Romilly[/name] or [name]Romney[/name].

[name]Romilly[/name] would be perfect, but I’ve suggested it several times to my partner and he thinks it’s “weird” - strange because he thinks [name]Romia[/name] (I name I’ve never ever heard before) and Romelia are normal lol. We live in the UK too where there is a well known news reporter called [name]Romilly[/name] but he won’t get on board.

He also thinks [name]Rosemary[/name] is too old fashioned and he’s not keen on [name]Ramona[/name] - those are 2 other names I’ve suggested to get to the nn [name]Romy[/name]. Maybe I should give up on [name]Romy[/name]!

As far as [name]Roma[/name], as use that I’d rather use [name]Romia[/name], it sounds like more of a name to me than [name]Roma[/name] which just sounds like the Italian way of saying [name]Rome[/name]! [name]Romina[/name] as I mentioned seems to “run into” [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Romney[/name] just seems very boyish.

Ahh I don’t know! [name]Romilly[/name] would be my pick, I’ll have to work on him I guess!

I also love the name [name]Romy[/name], but question whether it can stand alone. I think it’s a lovely name on it’s own, but my personal preference if you wanted a more formal, classy name would be:

[name]Romilda[/name]