Romilly vs Rosario vs Rowan

I love all these names but I can’t make up my mind which one I like more. I guess I just have a few thoughts I’d like to get your opinion about.

First, does [name]Romilly[/name] look really made up/trendy to you? Secondly, would using [name]Rosario[/name] be strange if I’m not Hispanic or Catholic for that matter because it means “rosary?” And lastly, if I were to have another daughter in the future would these names be too close for siblings since they all have the [name]Ro[/name]- beginning?

Let me know which one you like the most and why, I really appreciate any advice or guidance. Thanks!

My favourite is definitely [name]Romilly[/name]. I don’t think it loooks made up, but that may be because I know that it was originally a surname/guy’s name stemming from the [name]Roman[/name] [name]Romulus[/name].

I think that using all three (or even just two) of these names for a sibset would be a bad idea. They’re too similar for sisters. I’m not a fan of matching first initials, so the idea of the first sound in each name being the same is a big turn-off for me. Plus, what if you decided to have more kids? It would be difficult to find another name that matched that you liked.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using [name]Rosario[/name] when you aren’t hispanic or Catholic. There are lots of names that people use when they aren’t of the same nationality as the name.

Ooo well I like all 3 but I think [name]Romilly[/name] would be my favourite because I love the nn [name]Romy[/name]!

[name]Rosario[/name]'s pretty but I much prefer [name]Rosalia[/name] which has a very similar sound. Maybe you wouldn’t need to worry about the Catholic thing then either? I’d prefer [name]Rosalia[/name] over [name]Romilly[/name] too, but only just!!

[name]Rowan[/name] is a lovely name but not as interesting to me as your other choices, maybe just because it’s more well known.

As far as them being siblings, I do think the names are too similar sorry. Maybe instead of [name]Rowan[/name] you could have [name]Raven[/name] or [name]Wren[/name]?

[name]Rosario[/name] and [name]Raven[/name]?
or
[name]Romilly[/name] and [name]Wren[/name]?

I love [name]Rosario[/name] nn [name]Rio[/name] :] then [name]Romilly[/name] would be my next pick. I think they are a little too close for sisters (unless you’re going for that, my best friend is [name]Kelly[/name] K. and her daughters are [name]Kadie[/name] and [name]Kaelyn[/name]). I think using [name]Rosario[/name] is fine even though you’re not hispanic/catholic! It’s a beautiful name :] Tons of people us [name]Mary[/name] and they aren’t catholic :wink: I like [name]Rowan[/name], but its just not as pretty as your other two choices. Not sure if that helped, but in the end I chose [name]Rosario[/name] nn [name]Rio[/name].

My favorite is [name]Rowan[/name].

But I am biased as my first daughter will be named [name]Rowan[/name]. I kind of like [name]Romilly[/name] but prefer [name]Romy[/name] and I dont like [name]Rosario[/name] at all.

If I hadn’t seen [name]Romilly[/name] on these boards so much, I might have considered it madeup/trendy purely because I hadn’t heard it before. However, I actually really like it! I love [name]Rowan[/name], too. Unfortunately, I do think [name]Romilly[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are too close for siblings :frowning: I think that you could use [name]Romilly[/name] and [name]Rosario[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Rosario[/name], but personally I would expect to see a little hispanic girl if I heard [name]Rosario[/name]. That being said, I think that it would be wonderful for someone to break that stereotype, and that [name]Rosario[/name] would be cute on any little girl :slight_smile: