Romilly

So I recently had my anatomy scan and after three boys, the final baby is a girl!!
I have been in love with the name [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] for years and want to use my grandmother’s name, [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], for the middle.
My concern is it is so uncommon here in the Midwest. I do get some weird looks for my other kids’ names already ([name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]) so I guess it’s noting unusual…
Also, would you use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] (roh-mee) as a nickname for romilly (rah-mill-ee)? The different vowel throws me.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] but it’s not unusual to me at all. I think [name_u]Romy[/name_u] would be a lovely nickname for [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]!

Yes yes yes [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is amazing! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s not very common I think it’s still a fairly normal and classic name . It’s just so pretty and cool at the same time I love it! [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is great! I would totally use it as a nickname for [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]

I actually think it goes well with her brothers names too :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]! I think the sound is familiar enough, especially the “[name_f]Milly[/name_f]” part, that it wouldn’t be seen as too out there. Nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is adorable!
I’ve never heard this pronunciation of [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], I’ve always seen ro-mill-ee, which I prefer.

I would definitely use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]. [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is a great name so don’t be scared of using it! Having a unique name can sometimes be awesome and something to be proud of when you stand out from others (I have experience :slight_smile: )

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is one of my absolute faves!! It’s not so common but I feel like it’s easy to spell and has a similar sound to names like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] so I don’t think it’s too out there. I would use the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_u]Olly[/name_u] and [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] are sweet too

I like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]! And I love [name_u]Romy[/name_u] as a nickname as a nickname for it.

I love [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], and the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u], and the middle [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]! So - love it all. Haha.

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] a longtime fave of mine! I love it and would definitely use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] (which I prefer to [name_f]Milly[/name_f] but obv that’s an option). [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] are other routes to [name_u]Romy[/name_u] btw.

Finally, I pronounce it [name_m]Rommer[/name_m]-lee (not quite that… Rommeh-lee?). Anyway definitely not any “a” sound in it. Not sure where this comes from but had opposite issue with [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] the other day where for me it’s all “a” and no “o” (a poster saying it was like [name_m]Doll[/name_m]-ia). Accents!

I loovve Romilly as you can see from my signature haha. I pronounce it [ro-mil-lee] I think I might pronounce it wrong/differently though. I think Romilly is one of those names that you don’t like it till you actually hear it. I do love it with Wynn. It gives me that vintage feel. I think the nickname Romy is adorable. I like to say if you truly love it, go with it. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is not my favorite name, however definitely not bad. I love [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] as a middle and romi might be a better spelling of romy

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and on your first girl! Very exciting!

As I have a very common name, I am of the belief that it is better to stand out in a crowd than to be one of the many Masons or Emmas in the classroom, or in the world, for that matter. (Know that I have nothing at all against these very lovely monikers; I only mention them as an example of popular names. :slight_smile: ) I also inhabit the Midwest, so when I tell anyone what I plan on naming my future child(ren), I definitely get raised brows and strange looks! :smiley: It’s one of the hazards of living here, methinks. I wouldn’t worry too much about how unusual [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is. :slight_smile: I think that [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is a name that is uncommon without being too obscure and “out-there”, and [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is composed of familiar name elements, so people likely will adjust just fine to saying or spelling it. I say, if you love it, use it! [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] is adorable, and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is a natural nickname for it. Again, my felicitations! Your children all have very lovely names. :slight_smile:

I’d also use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] as a nickname. And I just love [name_u]Wynn[/name_u].

I’ve never actually met one - it’s quite rare where I live, too. You might get some people pronouncing it Row-milly. I don’t think that’s a deterrent though.

It sounds like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] would fit perfectly with your sons’ names. Not unheard of at all, and it’s nice that it has a different ending from any of her brothers. [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] sounds so pretty together also.

Good luck!

I adore [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]! I love [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but also [name_f]Milly[/name_f]! I’d also recommend [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]

I really like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] and have seen it before, so I don’t find it that unusual. I think [name_u]Romy[/name_u] would be a great nickname!

I like [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]. I think ur kids names r great!