Romy and ...? We got our g/b twins!

So as some of you may know, my partner and I were very shocked to find out we were expecting twins, and at our first ultrasound we were told that one twin was definitely a boy, but the other was harder to see. Well, like we’d hoped, SHE’S A GIRL! We’re excited beyond belief right now. We’re in the process of moving to a bigger house (we’ll have five children in the next five months…but also four parents lol) so [name]Derrick[/name] doesn’t really want to talk about names right now, but he keeps shooting down all of my ideas. So I need some help from you guys once again!

For a girl, it looks like we’re definitely going with [name]Rosemary[/name]. I’ll admit it’s not my absolute favorite name in the entire world, but it’s grown on me enough and I can’t see myself getting tired of it. The kids are calling her [name]Romy[/name] already, which we think is so precious. But we can’t agree at all about 1) her middle names (my kids all have two) and 2) her twin brother’s name.

So I think we’re just starting over with middle name ideas for [name]Rosemary[/name]. I’m thinking [name]Olivia[/name], but I don’t know…ugh. Please help?! Seriously, just throw random suggestions at me, lol.

And for our son, we both really like [name]Gabriel[/name] ([name]Romy[/name] and [name]Gabe[/name]) but I don’t love it, and I worry about the potential “gay” teasing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a boys’ name that works well with both [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]? Preferably something with a good nickname. [name]Derrick[/name] and I have such different taste in boys’ names that I honestly can’t even make a list anymore. One middle name has to be [name]Reeve[/name], though.

Any input at all would be so greatly appreciated. :slight_smile: Sorry I always write novels here!

I automatically thought of [name]Theodore[/name]. Is [name]Reeve[/name] one of the boy’s or girl’s mn?

[name]Edit[/name]- Oh and what about [name]Augustus[/name]/[name]Augustin[/name]?

I’m so pleased you’ll have your little [name]Romy[/name] - what a lovely name, and I like [name]Rosemary[/name] a lot, too.

[name]Camille[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] and (most of these have the same feel to me as [name]Gabriel[/name] “[name]Gabe[/name]”) :
[name]Benjamin[/name] “[name]Ben[/name]/[name]Benji[/name]”
[name]Caspian[/name] - I’m drawing a blank on good nicknames, though … [name]Dorian[/name], too.
[name]Dashiell[/name] “[name]Dash[/name]”
[name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Fred[/name]/[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Isaac[/name] “[name]Ike[/name]”
[name]Jude[/name] - I really like this with [name]Romy[/name], and I suppose you could use the longer [name]Judah[/name] “[name]Jude[/name]”, if you wanted
[name]Julian[/name] “[name]Jules[/name]”
[name]Nathaniel[/name] “[name]Nat[/name]/[name]Nate[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name]”
[name]Philip[/name] “[name]Pip[/name]/[name]Pippin[/name]”
[name]Quentin[/name] - for the fifth child! Maybe as a middle name …
[name]Tobias[/name] “[name]Toby[/name]”.

Middle names for [name]Rosemary[/name] :
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Camellia[/name]
Celandine
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Salome[/name] ([name]SAL[/name]-oh-may)
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] is my favorite. It would honor a friend of mine who died a few months ago, but [name]Derrick[/name] said “not a chance” because he thinks [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] sounds like two old people. :frowning: But I’m obsessed with [name]Theo[/name] and I thought [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] would be so perfect.

[name]Derrick[/name] also shot down [name]August[/name]. :frowning: I thought Auggie was really cute too.

And [name]Reeve[/name] is the boy’s middle name! It’s my brother’s name and I love it. Before we were set on [name]Romy[/name] we thought about using [name]Reeve[/name] as a first name, but we see my brother a little too often for that.

[name]Theodore[/name] is my favorite. It would honor a friend of mine who died a few months ago, but [name]Derrick[/name] said “not a chance” because he thinks [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] sounds like two old people. :frowning: But I’m obsessed with [name]Theo[/name] and I thought [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] would be so perfect.

[name]Derrick[/name] also shot down [name]August[/name]. :frowning: I thought Auggie was really cute too.[/quote]

Aw really, [name]Theo[/name] would have been so perfect. What about [name]Thaddeus[/name] nn [name]Thad[/name]? Too much right?

[name]Auburn[/name]…thank you! [name]Lovely[/name] list of suggestions! Let me see:

[name]Benjamin[/name] is probably the only name we agree on. But [name]Derrick[/name] won’t let me call him [name]Benji[/name], so IDK where we stand on that. But isn’t [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] so cute?
[name]Caspian[/name]: I wish! I think this is one of the coolest boys’ names. Maybe he’d let me use this as a middle name!
[name]Dorian[/name]: Our close friend’s name, it would be awkward. Plus I think it’s a bit feminine for us.
[name]Dashiell[/name]: I’m obsessed with this, but again probably as a middle name. But I’m putting this on my short list.
[name]Frederick[/name]: Oh wow, I hadn’t even thought of this. I actually really like it. And [name]Freddie[/name] is so cute. [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]. It’s also great because they’re the same color to me.
[name]Isaac[/name]: [name]Derrick[/name]'s brother claimed this one, but I’m not sure about the nn [name]Ike[/name] since it sounds like a not-so-nice word for lesbians?
[name]Jude[/name]: One of my [name]FAVORITE[/name] names [name]EVER[/name]. I can’t stress that enough lol. I think it’s so perfect, and I love [name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name]. But it sounds so weird with our last name. :frowning:
[name]Julian[/name]: Same as above. We were thinking about [name]Julia[/name] for a girl, but [name]Julian[/name] starts and ends exactly like our last name.
[name]Nathaniel[/name]: I can’t believe I haven’t thought of this. I love [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]. Thank you!
[name]Philip[/name]: We have a niece [name]Philippa[/name]…is that too similar? But I’ve always loved [name]Philip[/name].
[name]Quentin[/name]: Wouldn’t that be so cute if he’s the second twin born? I doubt D would go for it, but I’m putting it on the list anyway.
[name]Tobias[/name]: Our dog’s name! The name is ruined for me on a human because of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the middle names for [name]Rosemary[/name], I love all of these! I’m writing them down! I don’t think D would let me use some of these, though.

Thanks so much!

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Cara[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Sara/name
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Isla[/name]

Sugesstions for boys;

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Alan[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Ian[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] [name]Noel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Richard[/name] [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Derek[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Adam[/name] [name]Owen[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

WDYT?

Yay for b/g twins! I’m in a hurry right now, but I will ruminate and get back with you on some ideas!

My vote goes to [name]Frederick[/name], it’s classic, handsome, and sounds perfect next to [name]Rosemary[/name]. [name]Frederick[/name] is kinda like DH’s name [name]Derrick[/name] which may bother you or not.

[name]Frederick[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Augustin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Artemas[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Fredrick[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Fredrick[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

Congratulations! I love [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name]. It’s wonderful with your other kids.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Delia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]

For a twin to [name]Rosemary[/name], I like:

[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

I love the suggestions of [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name].

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Delia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

Done and done!

[name]Love[/name] all the suggestions so far…really busy packing at the moment (and trying to get dinner on the table soon) but I’m really grateful to all you guys and I’ll respond more in depth ASAP! D said he’d think about [name]Frederick[/name] but still hates [name]Theo[/name]. I asked my three-year-old what she thought of having a brother named [name]Freddie[/name] and she said “I [name]LOVE[/name] Fweddy!” because she can’t pronounce R’s very well. I thought it was cute. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you read my mind?! This is what I keep suggesting to [name]Derrick[/name] but he won’t let me call the kid [name]Benji[/name]! And I’ve been pushing for [name]Jane[/name] as a second middle name, with either [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Delia[/name].

Ok, so this may be way too out there for you, but what do you think of [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Cornelius[/name] ([name]Romy[/name] and [name]Cory[/name]?)

Did you read my mind?! This is what I keep suggesting to [name]Derrick[/name] but he won’t let me call the kid [name]Benji[/name]! And I’ve been pushing for [name]Jane[/name] as a second middle name, with either [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Delia[/name].[/quote]

Ha! Those are the best names ever! I thought [name]Delia[/name]=[name]Derrick[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]=[name]Jay[/name]. And as to [name]Benjamin[/name], why can’t he call him [name]Ben[/name] and you call him [name]Benjy[/name] when you want to? [name]Ben[/name]'s one of those great names that has a lot of little endearments (Like your other children have.) AND, both names have the same number of syllables for all three names. They go together so perfectly to me. OK, I’m lobbying for these two!

Did you read my mind?! This is what I keep suggesting to [name]Derrick[/name] but he won’t let me call the kid [name]Benji[/name]! And I’ve been pushing for [name]Jane[/name] as a second middle name, with either [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Delia[/name].[/quote]

Ha! Those are the best names ever! I thought [name]Delia[/name]=[name]Derrick[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]=[name]Jay[/name]. And as to [name]Benjamin[/name], why can’t he call him [name]Ben[/name] and you call him [name]Benjy[/name] when you want to? [name]Ben[/name]'s one of those great names that has a lot of little endearments (Like your other children have.) AND, both names have the same number of syllables for all three names. They go together so perfectly to me. OK, I’m lobbying for these two![/quote]

LOL yeah, I like the subtle [name]Derrick[/name] and [name]Jay[/name] with [name]Delia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I think that’s really cute. Not too cute though, right? We vetoed [name]Delia[/name] as a first name when [name]Mia[/name] enthusiastically said “[name]Delia[/name] almost rhymes with [name]Camille[/name]!” lol. A bit too much for us. But perfect for a middle name!

And for me the problem with [name]Ben[/name] is that we have a really close friend named [name]Ben[/name]! I know it’s a common enough name, but it seems really weird to me. [name]Derrick[/name] doesn’t think it’s weird at all.

[name]Derrick[/name]'s still lobbying for [name]Gabe[/name]. All I hear is gay though. D thinks I’m crazy, but he’s not the one officially listed as “[name]Gay[/name] [name]Mason[/name]” in his senior yearbook as a prank…lol.

So I got [name]Derrick[/name] to sit down and talk about names with me, and we went down the list of suggestions! He’s not in love with any of the names other than [name]Gabriel[/name], so I might just let him win with that, but the ones we agree on are:

[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] (but [name]Timmy[/name] sounds too much like [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Adam[/name] (but it’s one of our best friends’ name)
[name]Benjamin[/name] (as long as he isn’t [name]Benji[/name])
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] (I’d love to use this somewhere if possible, actually, after my uncle)
[name]Cory[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Nothing really stands out to me, though, even though I do love these names.

Anyway, D told me to “go crazy” with [name]Romy[/name]'s middle names and do whatever I want, lol. As long as she doesn’t have awful initials.

What about [name]Charles[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name], nn [name]Charlie[/name]? [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]?

I don’t think the [name]Delia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] link is too cute. Most people wouldn’t even realize it. It’s not like we’re talking Derricka Jayette, here!

I love it. [name]Derrick[/name] says it’s fine. I just wanna run it by my dad to see if it’d be weird (my uncle [name]Charlie[/name], who I never met, was on my mom’s side of the family).

Possible drawbacks: we’d have a [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] (which was a TV show [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Zach[/name] watched), and something about the name [name]Charles[/name] itself doesn’t sit right with me. But I love [name]Charlie[/name]. I don’t get it. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Caleb[/name]- I really like [name]Caleb[/name]! Does having two Cs bother you?
[name]Samuel[/name]- I love this one too, especially with [name]Zachary[/name].
[name]William[/name]- Another great name.
[name]Timothy[/name] (but [name]Timmy[/name] sounds too much like [name]Romy[/name])- yeah, I dont like [name]Timmy[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] either.
[name]Oliver[/name]- I love love this one. [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] would make such a lovely set.
[name]Adam[/name] (but it’s one of our best friends’ name)- Why not use it as a mn then?
[name]Benjamin[/name] (as long as he isn’t [name]Benji[/name])- [name]Benji[/name] is cute, and you could always sneak it in when Derricks not around :slight_smile:
[name]Henry[/name]- Another great match with [name]Rosemary[/name]. They do have the similar -ry ending though.
[name]Anders[/name]- My favorite boys name is [name]Andreas[/name] but [name]Ive[/name] never really come around to [name]Anders[/name]. It seems to surnamey to me.
[name]Charles[/name] (I’d love to use this somewhere if possible, actually, after my uncle)- [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] would flow well for middles.
[name]Cory[/name]- I honestly know too many girl Corys to picture this on a boy anymore.
[name]Frederick[/name]- Nice
[name]Nathaniel[/name]- I like it, but I dont love it.

Combos:
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Aveline[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adele[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Adam[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Adam[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

Other boys names:
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]