Romy and ...? We got our g/b twins!

[name]Romy[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] are great together! :slight_smile: It sounds like [name]Charles[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] is one of the few names you and your partner can agree on… plus, it honors your uncle! And even though you may not love the full name [name]Charles[/name], I bet you will once you see it on your adorable son ;). I also love [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Delia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] to honor you and your partner.
If I may ask: why will there be four parents? (sorry I know you’re a regular poster but I haven’t really followed your posts!)

[name]Jay[/name]

So happy to hear twin #2 is a girl!

I love [name]Frederick[/name]! [name]Freddie[/name], [name]Fred[/name], or even [name]Rick[/name]! He can pick if he wants to use a different nn when he gets older or at home or with friends, etc. It was one of my top picks if the twins were boys. we’re not sure we know how to “make” boys, so I don’t normally give boys names much glance :slight_smile:

[name]Frederick[/name] Dahiell [name]Reeve[/name] sounds awesome to me!
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] also sounds nice.

Other boys names on my personal “if only we had boys” list:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Russell[/name] nn [name]Russ[/name] ([name]Russ[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] too much?)
[name]Gideon[/name] nn ?
[name]Thaddeus[/name] nn [name]Thad[/name] (not completely sure on this one for myself or you)
[name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name]

His twin could be – I’m not good w/ 2 middle names.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Colette[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]

Thank you, leah_9!

I actually liked the idea of having two C’s…especially if the boy is born second, so our first and last would have C names. [name]Derrick[/name] really likes [name]Caleb[/name] a lot, but for some reason it sounds awkward to me out loud.

I like [name]Samuel[/name] a lot, but [name]Sam[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]? I don’t know. I love it paired with [name]Benjamin[/name] though, like you suggested.

I love that you suggested [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] for [name]Romy[/name]'s middle names! I love those names. I also really like [name]Aveline[/name]! I’ve never heard of it before, actually, but I really love how it looks.

Boys names:
I love [name]Elias[/name], but it’s [name]Derrick[/name]'s brother’s name and we’re pretty close with [name]Eli[/name]'s family so it would be awkward.
[name]Sebastian[/name] is [name]Zach[/name]'s middle name! I love it and kind of regret not saving it (but I didn’t think we’d have any more kids!)
[name]Edward[/name] is definitely ruined by Twilight for me, unfortunately. And you know if I know about [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] (never read the books or seen the movies) then most people will probably know who he is.
[name]Silas[/name], I’ve been trying to sell this one to [name]Derrick[/name] for YEARS! He thinks of silos on farms, though.

Yep, these are the names we agree on right now, but I’m not really a big fan of [name]Gabriel[/name] so I’m trying to get some other combination ideas. My partner is so difficult with names lol. We have a little over four months right now, so I’m just playing around with as many ideas as possible.

Oh, I don’t know if I’ve ever stated this outright but we’re moving to a big house on [name]Long[/name] Island (suburb of NYC) with my girls’ and twins’ biological mother (our best friend [name]Gina[/name]) and her wife [name]Jessica[/name]. They don’t have kids of their own but they’re essentially our kid’s mothers. I’m not much of a parent myself so we really need their help, and they love us for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know! It was definitely the good news we needed (as horrible as that sounds…) I was totally panicking about it this morning, as I told you.

Isn’t [name]Frederick[/name] so great? I’m trying to get myself used to it. Because it basically has everything I’m looking for in a name - lots of nicknames, sounds great with [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Romy[/name], sounds okay with the rest of my kids names.

I like [name]Nate[/name] a lot too, but D thinks it’s weird with [name]Romy[/name]. Oh well. Ahh, [name]Leo[/name]! I love this, but I’m not sure about [name]Leopold[/name]. I think [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] sounds so cute though.
[name]Russell[/name]! I’m definitely adding this to the list. I think it’s a great name that for some reason I just forgot. Maybe [name]Russ[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] is too matchy, but I actually think it’s really adorable. I think there was a book I loved with a guy name [name]Russell[/name] I had a total crush on, lol.
[name]Gideon[/name] is great but no nicknames! Giddy? lol. :stuck_out_tongue: If I can think of any, it’s a definite possibility. Maybe [name]Ian[/name]?
[name]Thaddeus[/name] is too much for [name]Derrick[/name] to handle, lol. I love [name]Thad[/name] though. But if he won’t let me have my [name]Theodore[/name]…
[name]Oliver[/name] is so cute! But lately we’ve met three dogs named [name]Oliver[/name]… :expressionless: But [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name] is SO adorable, isn’t it?

Ahh, we really wanted to try to use either [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] in [name]Romy[/name]'s name somewhere. [name]Eve[/name] would be perfect too because it’s my sister’s nickname, and I’d love to honor her. I love [name]Genevieve[/name] too but D vetoed it for [name]Laura[/name] so I’m not sure. I’m unsure about [name]Colette[/name] too, but after thinking about it for a minute I like it. It reminds me of a whole group of names that I love (names from the 50s and 60s) that totally aren’t ready for a comeback yet. But of course I love [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]! Was actually thinking [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] at some point…but that’s probably too long.

Yep, these are the names we agree on right now, but I’m not really a big fan of [name]Gabriel[/name] so I’m trying to get some other combination ideas. My partner is so difficult with names lol. We have a little over four months right now, so I’m just playing around with as many ideas as possible.

Oh, I don’t know if I’ve ever stated this outright but we’re moving to a big house on [name]Long[/name] Island (suburb of NYC) with my girls’ and twins’ biological mother (our best friend [name]Gina[/name]) and her wife [name]Jessica[/name]. They don’t have kids of their own but they’re essentially our kid’s mothers. I’m not much of a parent myself so we really need their help, and they love us for some reason. :P[/quote]

Oh, what I wouldn’t give for two extra parents around! [name]Bliss[/name]!

I really only got to skim through the posts, and I’ve been dying to reply since I got home from school.
I normally would post a really long and in depth post (because, I must say, I’ve become emotionally invested in your children’s names, and I think you’re wonderful too), but I have so much homework - thanks, AP classes - that this will be a relatively short post on my standards.

So, here goes:
I adore [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name] with your other kids’ names as I’ve said many times before.
With [name]Rosemary[/name] I really love:
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name] (convince [name]Derrick[/name] to love it!)
[name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Ben[/name] (I’m not crazy about [name]Benji[/name], I think of that dog book. Right?)
[name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name] (the more I’ve thought about it, I love it! I change my mind about the gay teasing thing…more on that later on)
[name]Caleb[/name] (I love the name, but the only one I know is a Kaileb, who is constantly making fun of me for my Jewish heritage…so while I would never use it, you should! Lol)
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] (while I agree that something sounds weird about [name]Charles[/name], I’d just use it and call him [name]Charlie[/name].)

So, here is my revelation and comments about [name]Gabriel[/name] and the gay stuff… First of all, I think that’s terrible that someone put your name as “[name]Gay[/name]” in your senior yearbook! That would make me so mad…
Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about the gay thing…because chances are your son won’t be gay (I won’t go into the gay debate, because we don’t need that here, but as I’m sure you can atest to, you being gay won’t make him gay and he can’t choose it…). Pardon the tangent. [name]Even[/name] if he has gay dads, I feel like, as a nation, we are becoming so much more accepting, so unless you lived in the Bible Belt or my church-overflowing city, he probably won’t get teased.
I think [name]Gabriel[/name] is a wonderful name, and, while I’m not sure of your religion (which you don’t have to say) it might always get associated with the angel [name]Gabriel[/name]. If that doesn’t bother you like it does me, then I say use [name]Gabriel[/name]. It’s a ”classic name, and I really love the sound of it. [name]Gabe[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] sound absolutely wonderful together.
If the religious thing does bother you, then I say go with [name]Charles[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]. I adore [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name], it really can’t get much better than that. [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] is an absolute classic, and I love the name (mostly thanks to the genius [name]Charles[/name] [name]Darwin[/name]), and [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] are adorable together.

My top three, in this order:
[name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]

Now for some middle names:
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (whoa, I really love this…haha)
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Livia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Liv[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] (too much B?)
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

So, there you go. I would write more (so much more to say!), but I have to go study for an AP European [name]History[/name] test… But I’ll be sure to look for a reply and post a quick response too.

Haha I just realized all of my side comments in parentheses… Anyway, good luck, [name]Jay[/name]! Keep us posted.

PS: I just looked through your names in consideration again (my internet on my iTouch wasn’t working so I’m writing this on my notepad at first…ah another tangent!), and I realized [name]Nathaniel[/name] is on there! [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] are absolutely awesome together. [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] are so cute.
In fact, [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] would be great together too. I love both. More middle ideas:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

So… I think my list changed to;
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

Okay, I’m done! I really have to study! I’ll check back tomorrow though…

Rachelmarie, thank you SO much for all your kind words. It means so much to me and honestly I’m not really used to hearing such nice things said about me or my family! I also didn’t realize you were a younger name fan - wow!

What’s with everyone reading my mind tonight? LOL! Your list of favorites is nearly identical to mine. [name]Theo[/name] is still my favorite, I think. I was obsessed with [name]Theo[/name] from the Cosby Show (I know, I’m pretty cool) so I’ve loved this name for a long time. And I had a close friend [name]Theodore[/name] (who went by [name]Ted[/name], though) who died recently so it would be such a great namesake. [name]Derrick[/name] even agreed that [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] sounds really good. On a side note, it’s horrible that someone would make fun of your Jewish heritage! I thought the world was over that, lol. Crazy.

About [name]Gabriel[/name]/the whole gay thing: [name]Derrick[/name] doesn’t really understand because he wasn’t out in high school, but I had a miserable time in high school (in a conservative town in [name]Florida[/name] in the early 90s) and my mother has openly hated me since I was 15 because of it, so the stigma affects me a lot more than it affects [name]Derrick[/name]. I really do like the name [name]Gabriel[/name] though, and I like the nickname [name]Gabe[/name] when I say it with [name]Romy[/name]. But for my kids’ sake, I don’t know if I can knowingly do that. Forgot to mention that the town we’re moving to, while very friendly, is also very WASPy, lol…I think we’ll be the only gay and half [name]Asian[/name] family in a 20-mile radius.

About religion: we’re both not very religious, but we both come from [name]Christian[/name] backgrounds and I definitely believe in God (might come as a surprise to people, I don’t know). I love biblical names. :smiley: I really like [name]Charles[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] by the way. D still thinks that [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] sounds like an old married couple, lol.

I need to give my twins’ names a rest for right now, I think! But thank you so much again for your in depth response.

I just wanted to offer my thoughts on the [name]Gabriel[/name]/gay teasing opportunties - children can be mean little things. When they’re very young, they wouldn’t make the ‘gay’ connection, but at around 7/8 years the whole issue of teasing and self-esteem and exclusion/inclusion comes into play and for some snotty-nosed little bully the epiphany that [name]Gabe[/name] has two dads AND his name starts with ‘gay’ is going to be a teasing gold mine.

That said, I think these days that sort of thing would be over by high school. In a generation, people’s attitudes have changed a lot, and I would say that today’s children have been brought up with a much more open-minded point of view. However, I’m in [name]Britain[/name], so I’m observing social trends over here - very conservative attitudes, especially religious movements, seem to have much larger followings in the US. Brits are much more likely to quitely disapprove, too, rather than actually say anything.

In short, I’m saying that at some stage I do think there would be teasing, but that I also think that it might not last all that long. Hopefully attitudes have changed enough that teasing, which I’d wager is experienced by every child at some stage, wouldn’t morph into bullying. Also, I’m not sure how much [name]Gabriel[/name] would add to teasing potential - if the aforementioned snotty-nosed little bully is determined enough to tease your son, he’ll find something. It sounds horrible, but children from about 7 to 10 will tease about anything, and if it’s not your name, it’s your height, or what toy you have, or just the standard fall-back insult that so-and-so smells.

So if [name]Gabriel[/name] really is the name that you and [name]Derrick[/name] love the most, then don’t let the teasing potential hold you back. Besides, the advantage of being a twin is that [name]Gabe[/name] would always have [name]Romy[/name] with him.

[name]Auburn[/name]

So I was just writing and it got erased, and I wanted to reply all day yesterday and this was my first chance, oy! Anyway, congratulations on your girl! [name]How[/name] exciting! I’m sorry that [name]Rosemary[/name] is not your favorite name, though. I think that means you should have the last say on the boys name! Which brings me to [name]Theo[/name]!

While I think that [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are truly amazing together, as are [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name], i can understand [name]Derrick[/name]'s point about them sounding like an old married couple. Have you considered just using [name]Theo[/name]? I know, I know, it’s a nickname. But I think it works as a stand alone, i mean if [name]Leo[/name] is a full name, why not [name]Theo[/name]? And maybe [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] is the more perfect match, I think [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] works well too. See, to me [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] have such a different vibe that I can definitely see someone who loves [name]Theo[/name] hating [name]Theodore[/name], and vice versa. I think it could be a good compromise because you love [name]Theo[/name] so much and he likes “normal” names, I think [name]Theo[/name] is a lot more “normal” than [name]Theodore[/name]. I don’t know! It was just a thought and probably a silly one at that!

As for [name]Gabriel[/name], I agree pretty much exactly with what [name]Auburn[/name] said about teasing. I do think that it will happen, it’s really sad, but I think it’s more than likely. I would think that [name]Derrick[/name] would be able to look at it from your point of view. If I were you, I personally would not use it. For the same reasons you said. It seems like just giving fuel for teasing. Now, maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal for him, or maybe it would. If I were a boy named [name]Gabriel[/name], and I had two dads and someone at school made any sort of rude comment I would definitely get in their face and ensure it didn’t happen again, haha. But some kids would be very upset about that sort of thing, and you just don’t know which type of kid you’re going to get! Also, it seems like you like but don’t love [name]Gabriel[/name]. So, I think you should scrap it.

I love [name]Benjamin[/name]. I love [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] as brothers, and I love [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] as twins. I love [name]Benjamin[/name] because of that, actually. It’s perfect with names as different as [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name]! So versatile! I also love that it has the same number of letters as [name]Rosemary[/name] (but so does [name]Theodore[/name]!). What if he went by [name]Ben[/name] or even [name]Benjamin[/name] and only you call him [name]Benji[/name], I think it’s so sweet when kids have a nn only one person calls them.

I also agree that [name]Charles[/name] has something weird about it! I don’t really like it at all but I really love [name]Charlie[/name]. I mean i love [name]Charlie[/name] so much that I think it’s one of the worlds best nicknames, I just so wish [name]Charles[/name] didn’t have that weird thing about it, whatever that weird thing is.

[name]Caleb[/name]. Hmm, I know of one [name]Caleb[/name] and he’s a total jerk. And [name]Rachel[/name]'s is a jerk, too. Maybe that’s not good? Lol, I don’t know. Regardless, I don’t really like [name]Caleb[/name], i think it’s the B at the end…

Oh! Gotta go! The boy is having a meltdown. I’ll be back later hopefully!

Re. [name]Charles[/name]-I think that the name is just not quite suited to the American accent. I can’t think of any name that has the same cadence and ends in that weird -les. In a British or French accent the name is fluid, almost one syllable. In an American accent, it’s sort of…difficult I guess. But [name]Charles[/name] looks nice on the birth certificate, and [name]Charlie[/name] is perfect.

[name]Auburn[/name], you’re completely right. I’m very concerned about elementary school teasing. I was definitely teased in elementary school just for being skinny and awkward and not into sports (and I still am that way, lol). Kids get teased in elementary school about anything, but you’re right - I don’t want to knowingly give him a reason to be teased.

But I definitely agree that this generation is a lot more open minded than it was even in the early 90s. And I know what you mean about British people “quietly disapproving” too - my mom’s side of the family (aside from my mother herself) is all like that toward me and [name]Derrick[/name]. The town we’re moving to tomorrow is WASPy, as I think I mentioned before, but I think it’ll be okay. It’s just that I had an awful dream about it last night, so I’m terrified right now lol.

[name]Lyndsay[/name], thank you!! It’s alright that [name]Rosemary[/name] isn’t my favorite - I really do like [name]Romy[/name] enough. I think my top choice right now would still be [name]Julia[/name], but I’ve been thinking…my girls look very similar, and neither of them look anything like a [name]Julia[/name] (at least, in my mind). I just can’t see it. But I can see [name]Laura[/name] as a [name]Rosemary[/name], and I can see both of them as a [name]Romy[/name]. But not a [name]Julia[/name]. BUT - I’ve been thinking a lot about the name [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Derrick[/name] likes it too, but our families think it’s a “joke” name. I could totally see my kids as [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Addie[/name] or even [name]Heidi[/name]…what do you think?

I would [name]LOVE[/name] to use the name [name]Theo[/name], even just by itself. I suggested possibly just going with [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] as full names, but D said it’d be weird if we gave them nicknamey names while the rest of our kids have solid full names and nicknames. If we didn’t have any kids yet, I think I’d really keep pushing for [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], nn [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name]. But in reality, it would seem really off if our twins had names like that and not the rest of our kids.

I’m going to keep trying to get [name]Derrick[/name] to see what I see about [name]Gabriel[/name]. You guys have pretty much convinced me not to go with it. But you know what? I’m really loving [name]Benjamin[/name] at the moment. It seems really perfect. We have a close friend named [name]Ben[/name], but realistically we’re moving tomorrow and we won’t live down the block from him anymore. I think [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name] are really great names for brothers. [name]Benjamin[/name] Johansen doesn’t really sound so great to me, though. Neither does [name]Ben[/name] Johansen or [name]Benji[/name] Johansen. :expressionless: But I’m really loving the name itself right now. [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] or [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] sounds really good. Too bad our last name is so awkward, lol.

I’m kind of leaning toward [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] right now. What is the general consensus on that?

Oh! I missed [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Russell[/name]. I love all of those and think any of them would be perfect.

I don’t see the problem with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Romy[/name], I think they sound cute! I think [name]Nathan[/name] would also be a nice choice for you.

[name]Frederick[/name]! Be still my heart! I have a serious crush on [name]Frederick[/name]. It started because I loved [name]Freddy[/name] and [name]Fred[/name], and I really sort of hated [name]Frederick[/name]. It took a long time before I even liked it at all. But now I love it so much and I think it’s so unbelievably handsome.

[name]Russell[/name] is just so cute! It’s so underused, it would be a really surprising choice. I love [name]Russell[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] together. Would you ever call him [name]Rusty[/name]? [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Rusty[/name]? Adorable! But I [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Russ[/name] are great too! Only problem is see is what if [name]Romy[/name] ends up going by [name]Rose[/name]? [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Russ[/name] could be confusing.

Oh man! You have so many amazing options! I have no idea what I would choose if I were you! One second I think my fave is [name]Theodore[/name], then I remember [name]Benjamin[/name], then I see [name]Frederick[/name]! Oh, but [name]Nathaniel[/name] is so cool! And I like semi matchie twin names, just like [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Russ[/name]. I can’t even put them in order, seriously. I think [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] lead the pack for me, though.

You know what? That’s exactly what it is! I just couldn’t pinpoint it. But you’re right. Of course it sounded fine for my uncle [name]Charlie[/name] - he was British! I just said the name out loud like five times in a row and it sounded horrible in my very American accent. It’s so sad because I love [name]Charlie[/name] so much. [name]Derrick[/name] and I actually agree that [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] is so cute.

I always look forward to the updates on your post!

With [name]Camille[/name], [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Laura[/name], I like

[name]Benjamin[/name] - I really think this is a great match to [name]Rosemary[/name] as a twin and [name]Zachary[/name] as a brother (also fits well with [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Laura[/name]). I don’t have a problem with the flow with your last name at all using [name]Ben[/name]; it may be a little awkward with the full [name]Benjamin[/name] but it’s not bad enough that I wouldn’t use it.
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] (my favorite)
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] - I totally agree that you shouldn’t use [name]Gabriel[/name] as a first name, but if [name]Derrick[/name] really loves it, maybe it should be included somewhere
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]

[name]Frederick[/name] - I do like [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Freddie[/name] is cute, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fritz[/name]! (I really don’t like [name]Fred[/name] though). Does it bother you that [name]Frederick[/name] contains [name]Derrick[/name]'s name?
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] - these seem to all work as they did with [name]Benjamin[/name]. I kind of like this one though with the ‘derick’ for [name]Derrick[/name] and the [name]Joshua[/name] for you.
[name]Nate[/name] - I think the nn fits well with [name]Romy[/name] but I personally don’t care for [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Theodore[/name] - the full name doesn’t really fit with your set, I don’t think. I could see [name]Theo[/name] but I wish there was another full name to use to get to it.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Delia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - hey, she and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Reeve[/name] would have reverse initials!
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - beautiful!
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] - I like this name but I don’t see it in your set (sorry). Something about [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] doesn’t really seem to go. And I see [name]Camille[/name]/[name]Mia[/name] much more in line with [name]Laura[/name]. I do love the [name]Addie[/name] nn though. What about [name]Adeline[/name] (I like it with the line pronunciation with the long I sound). Fits better with your set imo and a little more mainstream sounds (if not the name itself) than [name]Adelaide[/name] is. NN’s [name]Addie[/name], [name]Del[/name], [name]Della[/name]. [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name]?

[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

What do you think?

Aw, wow, thank you!! [name]Lyndsay[/name], I just saw your later post too - consider this a response to both!

We really like [name]Benjamin[/name] a lot right now. I’m thinking it’s the frontrunner. Yeah, everyone’s saying it’s awkward with our last name, that’s really the main issue. [name]Derrick[/name] said all he can think of is “Benjo [name]Hansen[/name]” lol. And it’s not like we’re going to call him [name]Benjamin[/name] very often. I love [name]Dashiell[/name] in the middle because my dad’s name is [name]Daniel[/name] and I think it’s a cool way to honor him without using his name. [name]Gabriel[/name] works in the middle too. I love [name]Joshua[/name] but was tormented by this huge, scary [name]Josh[/name] in high school. :frowning: Seriously, he was taller than I am and I’ve been 6’4" since I was 17.

We also like [name]Frederick[/name] a lot, but we’re concerned it might be too much for us, lol. [name]Do[/name] you think it works with our other kids’ names? Ahh and [name]Lyndsay[/name], I love [name]Russell[/name] too! [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Rusty[/name] is so cute, as is [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Russ[/name]. But you’re right, I think [name]Russ[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] sounds awful lol. But I just talked to [name]Derrick[/name] about it again and he said he doesn’t really like the full name [name]Russell[/name]. And he still hates [name]Theo[/name]. Oh well.

I love the idea of the twins having reverse initials of each other! I think that’s the perfect amount of matching for twins. I also love the idea of using [name]Eve[/name] somewhere! I’d also come up with [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I love [name]Claire[/name]; my [name]Laura[/name] was almost [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but D thought it sounded like “[name]Sylvie[/name] Eclair” so we came up with [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] (which, of course, we realized sounds like [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Lexus[/name]). Oops, weird tangent - sorry.

I think you’re right about [name]Adelaide[/name]. I love the name, but honestly I can’t truthfully see myself telling people my daughter’s name is [name]Adelaide[/name]. I’m not sure about [name]Adeline[/name] either…I really love how it looks and sounds, but I feel like it’s going to be so trendy soon, because of all the people (like us) who love [name]Addie[/name] but hate [name]Addison[/name] for a girl. I don’t hate [name]Rosemary[/name] though. If we don’t use it as a first name, we definitely want it in the middle somewhere. I feel weirdly attached to it now.

For me, I don’t see [name]Frederick[/name] working quite as well with your set as some of your other picks. I would classify your kids’ names as timeless classic, whereas [name]Frederick[/name] is more clunky grandpa-chic, [name]IMO[/name].

Hahah once again, you’re totally right. I guess that’s the problem with a name-obsessed dad having this many children and a wide variety of favorite names. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t [name]Rosemary[/name] seem like that too, though? It does to me. I think [name]Romy[/name] is really fresh-sounding though.

Oh, another concern about [name]Rosemary[/name]/[name]Romy[/name]: today [name]Laura[/name] said that she wants to call [name]Romy[/name] “[name]Ro[/name]” so that they can be “[name]Ro[/name] and Lo.” That set off an alarm in my head. Is that stupid? I’m such a wreck, lol.

[quote=“jayjoh”]

Hahah once again, you’re totally right. I guess that’s the problem with a name-obsessed dad having this many children and a wide variety of favorite names. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t [name]Rosemary[/name] seem like that too, though? It does to me. I think [name]Romy[/name] is really fresh-sounding though.[/quote]

[name]Rosemary[/name] probably does have more vintage flavor than your other girls, but it’s not overwhelming. Perhaps because it is a combo name, rather than one that follows the sound of a certain time, ie [name]Flora[/name], [name]Dora[/name], [name]Cora[/name]. Also, I have an Aunt [name]Rosemary[/name] who was born in the '50’s when there was a bit of a resurgence, and I know the little 4 yr old one, so it doesn’t read “antique” to me. And [name]Romy[/name] is definitely in-step with your other kids.

Anyway, I wasn’t trying to say that [name]Frederick[/name] was necessarily jarring with the others, just responding to your questions about it.
[name]EDIT[/name]: [name]Just[/name] saw your [name]Ro[/name] and Lo issue. I think it’s adorable! I mean, I wouldn’t call her [name]Ro[/name] all the time, but it’s a cute little sometimes-name! [name]Ro[/name] and Lo! [name]Love[/name] it!

to my ear, [name]Benjamin[/name] Johansen has a nice, almost musical quality to it. i don’t think it’s a mouthful at all; and i think it’ll look very distinguished on his business cards! :wink: i don’t mind [name]Ben[/name] Johansen, either. sounds very classic to me.

i also think it sounds like [name]Rosemary[/name]'s twin and [name]Camille[/name], [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name]'s brother. i think you’ve got it!

btw–“Lo” and “[name]Ro[/name]” will be cute for a couple of weeks–and then they’ll move on—don’t worry about that.

good luck.