Romy?

My hubs says [name]Romy[/name] is trying too hard. What do you think?

I love it. It’s sweet and I see it ageing well. If your husband doesn’t like [name]Romy[/name] by itself, how do you feel about [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name] or even [name]Romola[/name]?

I almost feel like it isn’t trying enough! (Because its short and a bit nickname-y to me).

I love pp’s idea of [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name], and you could also do [name]Romilly[/name] mm [name]Romy[/name], or even [name]Millie[/name]

It isn’t trying too hard at all!
It is very pretty and sweet.

I think it works as a given name but probably prefer it as a nn for [name]Rosemary[/name].

I don’t think [name]Romy[/name] is trying too hard at all. It’s usually a nickname so it may be guilty of not trying enough :lol: This name makes me think of gorgeous Austrian-born actress [name]Romy[/name] Schneider (who was christened [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name] Albach). It’s one of the few nn’s that I don’t mind as a first name (eg. [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Hattie[/name]). I think it’s very pretty. Regards, [name]Mischa[/name].

Thank you for the positive feedback on [name]Romy[/name]. Any other thoughts? I love it but don’t love any full names that it would be a nn for, I tend to favor short names in general.

Bump

I love [name]Romy[/name] as a nn for [name]Ramona[/name] :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is trying to hard at all! I also think that it can stand alone. It ages well, but if your husband doesn’t prefer it without a full name what about putting it in the middle name spot then you could call her [name]Romy[/name].

What about romana? My friend is called that.

[name]May[/name] daughter is named [name]Romina[/name], nn [name]Romy[/name]. Would your husband like it?

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Romy[/name]… In fact, it’s on my short list as well (although my husband doesn’t love it yet either.)

I don’t think it is trying too hard. My daughter is called [name]Romy[/name] (full name [name]Rosemarie[/name]). We get lots of complements on her nickname.