Rory as nn for Rowan?

Thoughts? I’m starting to worry that this baby will be called, “He who has no name.”

I like it! [name]Rowan[/name] has a classy, smart, timeless edge, and the nn [name]Rory[/name] is cute and spunky when he’s little. I think it’s a winner. :slight_smile:

I like it.

I think it works well. A cute, spunky name for while he’s little and a nice masculine name for him to grow into.

mn/nn

[name]David[/name] [name]Adams[/name]
So:
[name]Rory[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Adams[/name]/
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Adams[/name]

[name]Sib[/name] to [name]Ariel[/name] (g) [name]Adams[/name] but matching sibs is not too important to me.

I personally think [name]Rowan[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] is sort of silly. The nickname is the exact same length as the given name. It gives me the feeling you really like both names but can only use one, so decided to use the second as a random nickname. I would just decide between [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Rory[/name].

I agree with this.

I think it’s great! I’m not much of a stickler for nickname being shorter than the given name. I’m a [name]Lucia[/name] nickname [name]Lucy[/name]… 1 letter less and I started off pronouncing my name “[name]Lu[/name]-sha” (and not it differs depending where I live), so it’s the same amount of syllables.
I like [name]Rowan[/name]. I like [name]Rory[/name]. Why not?

I love it! [name]Both[/name] of those names are on my favs list! Good choice!