Rory Cinders?

Thanks in advance, berries!!

Some quick info about the dude whose first name is deeply troubling me :grin:
Sunkin [name_f]Elf[/name_f]; age 16; male
Siblings: [name_u]Ash[/name_u](boy; age 19), 14 year old triplets [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u](boy), [name_u]Ember[/name_u](boy), [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f](girl), [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f](girl; age 11)

What should be his full first name? He goes by [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and his last name is Cinders.

• Rory
  • Roran
  • Rowan
  • Other (reply :wink: )

0 voters

1 Like

Roran Cinders sounds like “roaring cinders”, so if that’s something that you’re going for, I say go for it. (Although it is a bit R heavy, but I would assume that doesn’t bother you since you are considering using it.)

If that’s not something you’re looking for, I would go with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. I think it would go really well with his siblings, and I think that it sounds like an elf’s name. And, I think that he needs a longer name to go well with his siblings. I don’t think just [name_u]Rory[/name_u] fits all that well, but Roran or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] really would.

1 Like

I really love [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a full first name for a boy, so I would use that. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is also a wonderful name, but [name_u]Rory[/name_u] just seems to separate to me. Roran seems like a deliberate elongation of [name_u]Rory[/name_u] that doesn’t really add anything.

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! I feel like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] has a more woodsy vibe and doesn’t feel fiery/sunny to me like [name_u]Rory[/name_u]. And Roran is just a bit hard for me to say. Plus, [name_u]Rory[/name_u] just happens to be my favorite name on the list lol!

1 Like