Rory

Can [name_u]Rory[/name_u] be a nickname for [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]? I worry that it’s too loosely related to be a nickname.

4 Likes

I can see it working just fine!

2 Likes

I can totally see it working!

2 Likes

It doesn’t really work to me but I like nicknames to be really intuitive so I might not be the best person to give an opinion. Also, the fact that it’s a name in itself would bother me…

1 Like

I think it’s not too much of a stretch! Definitely not the most intuitive, but if [name_m]Williams[/name_m] can be [name_m]Bill[/name_m] why not?

1 Like

It’s not completely intuitive but I think it could work

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

It could work but I like nicknames to be directly related to the name or a shortened version. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is a legitimate stand-alone name on its own so if that is what you would like to call him, I would name him [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

1 Like

I’d just call him [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

RoNan is nice but there’s so many Ro_an names now it’ll get a bit lost and muddled with all the [name_m]Roman[/name_m]’s etc

1 Like

I do think it’s a stretch, but in the same way that [name_m]Robert[/name_m] “[name_m]Bob[/name_m]” & [name_m]William[/name_m] “[name_m]Bill[/name_m]” are a stretch, so I think it’s still totally useable!

2 Likes

I think it works as a nickname!

1 Like

I was just thinking about this! lol I’ve already seen [name_u]Rory[/name_u] be used as a nn for [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and Roran so I’m thinking of doing the same for [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] since I love both names and it will knock 2 birds with one stone :grin:

1 Like