Rosalie Leialoha - too matchy w/ Violet Leilani??

See the results of this poll: Alexander, Violet and Catherine/Phoebe/Something Else?

Respondents: 78 (This poll is closed)

• Katharine is too dull next to Violet: 5 (6%)
  • Its not too dull, esp w/nn Kat: 30 (38%)
  • Spell it Catherine!: 25 (32%)
  • Choose Phoebe, doesnt matter if its cousins name: 16 (21%)
  • I will suggest a better name!: 2 (3%)

I don’t think [name]Catherine[/name] is too dull. I would spell it [name]Catherine[/name], and I personally prefer [name]Cate[/name] to [name]Kat[/name]. But I really like [name]Annabel[/name] the best with [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], by far the best on your list imo.

Good luck!

thank u! u dont think [name]Annabel[/name] sounds to soft with all of the harsh sounds in [name]Violet[/name]??? or ups the trendy factor??

I think [name]Juliet[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] sound like twin names. What do you think of [name]Zoe[/name]/[name]Zoey[/name] or [name]Aviva[/name]?

yes that is why i keep backing away from [name]Juliet[/name]…plus it starts with a J like my and my husbands name…[name]Zoe[/name] i think is too short, i like [name]Phoebe[/name] better…and ive never heard of [name]Aviva[/name]…its sounds pretty, i will have to research it!

My first daughter is named [name]Violet[/name] and we struggled to name our second daughter. I loved [name]Catherine[/name], but it is my niece’s name, and I also loved [name]Anne[/name], nickname [name]Annie[/name]. We must have similar taste because I also seriously considered [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Rosemary[/name]. Ultimately, I just loved [name]Anne[/name] best but worried it was too plain with [name]Violet[/name]. In the end, I think [name]Violet[/name] is warm, sweet, and classic and chose to go that route rather than sparkly, or quirky. I think naming our second daughter [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] helped keep [name]Violet[/name] more traditional and old-fashioned rather than trendy. I love [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name], either one. [name]Both[/name] are lovely with [name]Violet[/name]!!

[name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] are just classic together. It’ll be fine. :wink:

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Kat[/name] sound great together to me! I love the name [name]Phoebe[/name], but I don’t think I’d want to take a name from my brother or sister . . .

thank u kitty :slight_smile: thank u gidget :slight_smile: that makes me feel better about [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]…i did pick [name]Violet[/name] because it sounded sweet…i love [name]Anne[/name] btw! im still worried ill feel the need to explain why we chose her name when we introduce her though…“this is [name]Alex[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Katharine[/name]…but we call her [name]Kat[/name]! [name]Alex[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Kat[/name]!” :confused: idk…

spell it [name]Catherine[/name]! :slight_smile:

lookingforaname: thank u…im feeling more confident about [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]…and [name]Phoebe[/name] is actually the name of my husbands cousin…shes about 17 and lives in a different city…so im kind of on the fence about it

idk isaberry!! lol i like [name]Catherine[/name] because it looks sweet and ladylike but im wondering if [name]Katharine[/name] looks better with [name]Violet[/name]…more fun and sophisticated???

If [name]Katharine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name] or anyone else thinks her name is boring, tell her she shares her name with:

[name]Catherine[/name] the Great, [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn, and [name]Katherine[/name] of [name]Aragon[/name]

Have you thought about [name]Kit[/name] for a nickname?

[name]Alexander[/name] is a classic just like [name]Katherine[/name], I don’t see how [name]Katherine[/name] (any spelling) is any more boring than [name]Alexander[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t take that the wrong way, I just don’t think either of them are boring and I don’t think [name]Violet[/name] is so unusual that any of the names seem out of place together.

Personally I wouldn’t use [name]Phoebe[/name], it’s an unusual name and it seems strange (to me) to reuse it in the family. What about [name]Daphne[/name]? [name]Fiona[/name]?

Of your other choices my favorite is [name]Rosalie[/name]. Doesn’t have the same ending as [name]Violet[/name] or the same beginning of [name]Alex[/name]. I don’t like [name]Lillian[/name] very much, but it works well too.

i know a little girl named Kath3rin3 Viol3t (first and last name), so it sounds lovely and natural to me. i never liked the name before i met her, now its probably my favorite classic name.

[name]Katherine[/name] is very pretty, idk if suggested nn [name]Kate[/name], [name]Katie[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], Reni

I love the name, [name]Rosalie[/name] (it goes great with the sibs)!!! [name]Adore[/name] NN:[name]Rose[/name] or [name]Roe[/name].

Does violet have a NN?

GL!!

I love [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]! I do think [name]Catherine[/name] is quite dull, though. I definitely prefer [name]Phoebe[/name]. [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] sound so great together. Other ideas are:

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name] ([name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Catalina[/name] ‘[name]Cat[/name]’ would be awesome)
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Tahlia[/name]
[name]Chiara[/name] (kee-ARE-ah)
[name]Eva[/name]

[name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] compliment each other very well. I like the nn of [name]Kate[/name] more :smiley:

Yes, spell it [name]CATHERINE[/name]!