Rosalie... opinions/experience

Hello,

I love the name [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] but concern it will be mispronounced [name_f]Ros[/name_f]-a-lee or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u]!

Does anyone have any experience of the name [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for themselves or their children? I don’t lumber our baby with a name no one can spell or pronounce even if I love it. I also like [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] but still concerned on the pronunciation! We’re UK based.

Thanks!

I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is pretty self explanatory to say and spell, at least from an Australian point of view. I didn’t realize there were multiple ways to interpret the pronunciation.

2 Likes

I pronounce it [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-uh-lee and that’s the only pronunciation I’ve heard. I’m in the US.

4 Likes

I think most people will get the pronunciation right

2 Likes

I’ve only heard it pronounced [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-uh-lee. I think it’s a beautiful name! I also think it’s fairly common, so I don’t think thered be spelling or pronunciation issues.

1 Like

Rosalie is very easy to pronounce, I have never heard [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]-[name_u]Lee[/name_u] before, only [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-ah-lee. It is a gorgeous name and quite popular nowadays! I like [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] too.