Rosalind and Cordelia?

What do you think of these two names as a sibset?
Too Shakespearean or do you think its okay?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and suggestions for other siblings :slight_smile:

x

Oh, how I love [name]Cordelia[/name]. I’m striking it from my list b/c it doesn’t work with our last name. But it’s a fave.

I like [name]Rosalind[/name] too, but honestly, as someone who read a ton of [name]Shakespeare[/name] in college, there’s a tiny little part of me that sees the two names together and thinks it’s a little contrived. But it could be that I’m just a huge nerd and you shouldn’t listen to me.

I adore both names and think it’s a beautiful and perfect sibset, theoretically. I think it may be too over the top in real life, though. Maybe not…

I think they’re perfect together!

I appreciate your opinion greatly :slight_smile:

I can understand the contrived feeling. Would it be too weird to have two Shakespearean named daughters considering I don’t like [name]Shakespeare[/name] all that much? (my favourite is Midsummer Nights [name]Dream[/name], but I’m not a huge fan of the rest).

Thank you for the comment :slight_smile:

They would mostly go by [name]Delia[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name] (that’s what I’m thinking at this point). Does that lessen the ‘too over the top’ feeling for you?

Thank you :slight_smile:

[name]Shakespeare[/name] certainly was ahead of his time in naming his characters and [name]Rosalind[/name] & [name]Cordelia[/name] are two of my favs. Other great sibsets could be [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Bianca[/name] & [name]Celia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] & [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jessica[/name] & [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] & [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Helena[/name] & [name]Viola[/name], [name]Octavia[/name] & [name]Perdita[/name], [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Cressida[/name] & [name]Portia[/name], [name]Julia[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Adriana[/name] & [name]Desdemona[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] & [name]Francisca[/name], [name]Anne[/name] & [name]Gertrude[/name], [name]Regan[/name] & [name]Cymbeline[/name], [name]Silvia[/name] & [name]Ursula[/name], [name]Helen[/name] & [name]Margery[/name], [name]Paulina[/name] & [name]Valeria[/name], [name]Paris[/name] & [name]Hero[/name]…oh such wonderful names!

[name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Silvia[/name] are also on my list :slight_smile: I love Shakespearean names!