Rosamund

I’m hardcore crushing on [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] right now. I prefer the “Rose-uh-mund” pronunciation to “Roz-uh-mund” — will that be a headache? Which do you prefer? I also love the nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I know a lot of people say “mund” seems masculine, but I actually think it grounds the name and add warmth. What do you think?

Should the fact that [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] means “pink mouth” in [name_m]German[/name_m] dissuade me? She could always go by [name_f]Rose[/name_f] around Germans if need be :rose:

Thank you!

I love Rosamund and Rose as a nickname!! How lovely!! I quite like the roz-uh-mund pronunciation myself, but I don’t think your preferred pronunciation would be too much of a headache. Also I don’t think the meaning matters very much! Especially if her nickname is Rose!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is pretty and bold. I do instinctively pronounce it Roz-uh-mund but I think that could be corrected

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] I would say it exactly how you would it’s such a lovely name and I have it on my list for at a least a year now and the meaning in [name_m]German[/name_m] does not faze me at all.

1 Like

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is lovely; personally I’ve comes to prefer the [name_f]Roz[/name_f]- pronunciation as I think it adds some sharpness to the name, something fresh - character.
I don’t think the [name_m]German[/name_m] meaning should dissuade you, [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is used in [name_u]Germany[/name_u] (if not so much currently due to being rather old fashioned), btw, [name_f]Rosamond[/name_f], in case that’s another spelling on your mind, means pink moon in [name_m]German[/name_m]. Also, [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is a name that’s in use and actually much more common than [name_f]Rose[/name_f] nowadays.

1 Like

Hmm, [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is lovely! I always think of the great [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_m]Parks[/name_m] and, until a year ago when I started seeing it on name sites, almost thought of it eponymous with her, but now I realize its wider use. I’m going to mull this one over. Thank you, [name_f]Polly[/name_f]! :heart:

Oh, I was mainly talking about when she’s around [name_m]German[/name_m] people, sometimes the [name_f]English[/name_f] R is difficult to say so the [name_f]English[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] may be butchered by some; the [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is relatively old-fashioned, while [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] or even the [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are a little more modern ! I do love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as an [name_f]English[/name_f] nickname for [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], though, definitely my favourite :two_hearts:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] (and Rose) and I always pronounce it Rose-uh-mund so to me [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a natural nickname, for what it’s worth (maybe I’ve been mispronouncing it all this time, haha!)

1 Like

I love Rosamund! I don’t think it sounds masculine at all!

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] she’s strong, refreshing, incredibly feminine, and elegant. I personally pronounce this name as roz-uh-mund which to me is a lovely pronunciation. However I’m sure you could correct people so they use the pronunciation you want. Honestly I think this name is fab love the strength and sophistication behind the name along with the wonderful nicknames which keep her feeling fun.

1 Like

I love Rosamund!! I’ve never heard the roz-uh-mind pronunciation, I’ve only said and heard rose-uh-mund so I think you’ll be fine with that (plus now I know the other pronunciation I know I much prefer rose-uh-mund). It feels so sweet and light, very cottagecore-ish to me, it has a very airy type elegance to it

1 Like

rosamund is a lovely name, and while i vastly prefer the roz-uh-mund pronunciation, i don’t think rose-uh-mund would be a difficult name to wear at all.

1 Like