Roscoe?

What do y’all think of the name [name]Roscoe[/name] nn [name]Roe[/name]? It seems like a fun name, so I’m wondering why it is so unpopular. Is there something wrong with it that I’m not seeing?

It could be that people haven’t discovered it yet, or that they associate it with the character on Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name]. Personally, I think it’s cool.

It’s a cute name but it’s also a “dog” name to me… maybe because I’ve met several doggies named [name]Roscoe[/name]!

I cannot help but think of [name]Roscoe[/name]'s Chicken and Waffles so that is a no go from me.

I really like it but people seem determined to associate it with either dogs or Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name]. Drives me crazy too!

Thanks everyone! I’ve never seen Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name], so i missed that reference. The dog name thing is something I hadn’t considered. There are a lot of names that I won’t use for that very reason. I used to work at a vet clinic and before that a groomer/kennel, so there are some names that are very much dog names to me. Dog names go through trends just like baby names do. I won’t list all the dog names I mean because I know many people are using them, or considering them, for their kiddos, and I don’t want to spoil the name for them :wink: I don’t think I’ve ever met a dog named [name]Roscoe[/name], but I will take that into consideration. Thanks! Oh and [name]Parker[/name], I’ve never heard of [name]Roscoe[/name]'s Chicken and Waffles. What part of the country are you in? I’m in [name]Texas[/name], so maybe we just don’t have them around here.

I think [name]Roscoe[/name] is adorable! I do associate it with dogs, though, but I don’t think it should be too much of a problem. Plus I always see that as [name]Rosco[/name], without the e. [name]Roe[/name] is adorable too~

[name]Roscoe[/name] P. Coletrain. Dukes of hazzard all the way. Or a dog. This one would be hard for a child to have to carry around.

@ferntailwp The nn [name]Roe[/name] is the main reason I was looking at this name. I was going to use [name]Roe[/name] as a nn for [name]Ronan[/name], but my husband isn’t a huge fan of that name. It is ok for him I think, but it doesn’t go with our last name that well. I also thought about [name]Jethro[/name] nn [name]Roe[/name], but I don’t think that’s going to fly either. I just really like the idea of [name]Roe[/name] :wink:
@boyandgirl Thanks for your opinions. Like I said before, i don’t know the Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name] reference, but I certainly don’t want that to be the first thing that everyone else thinks when they meet him. [name]Roscoe[/name] may have to be stuck in guilty pleasure land now :wink:

I am an army wife so I lived [name]Texas[/name] too :smiley: Right now we are stationed in Ohio. The only place I have ever seen a [name]Roscoe[/name]'s Chicken and Waffles is in [name]California[/name], I don’t think their are any anywhere else besides [name]California[/name] so it might not really be an issue. It is not really a negative association its just the only think I can think of when I see [name]Roscoe[/name] :smiley:

Would you like some help with other [name]Roe[/name] names? I think [name]Rowan[/name] is a great name too, and I sure all the berries here would love to come up with others.

Ha ha, I would love some help! I like [name]Rowan[/name] too (also on my list) but it has the same problem with my last name that [name]Ronan[/name] does. Plus, I really like the meaning of [name]Ronan[/name] better :wink: Our last name is Cockran, so i have the hardest time finding names that don’t clash with it. I keep finding names i like that end in a K sound, or in an N sound, or are just too consonant heavy over all. I told my husband I was going to change our last name :wink:

Sorry I was in a rush then here are some others I’ve recently thought of:
[name]Roosevelt[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Rocio[/name]
[name]Rowley[/name]
[name]Ramiro[/name]
[name]Eros[/name]
[name]Ramone[/name]
[name]Reinaldo[/name]
[name]Remo[/name]
[name]Robbie[/name]
[name]Roberto[/name]
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Rodolfo[/name]
[name]Rogan[/name]
Rover
[name]Rogue[/name]
[name]Rojo[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]
[name]Romany[/name]
[name]Romelo[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Rosario[/name]
Reausseau
Roiben
Roiden
[name]Rolando[/name]
[name]Rhodes[/name]
[name]Roark[/name]

I think [name]Roscoe[/name] is a really cool, undiscovered choice. The only reason it isn’t on my list is because the [name]Roscoe[/name] in my family is a weirdo.

There are thousands and thousands upon names and only about 100 out of those thousands of names are going to be popular. [name]Just[/name] because a name isn’t popular does not mean that it is a “hated” name, it just might be that many parents have (a never heard the name b) they just never considered it because they have never met a person in real life with that name (c perhaps it is not used in their culture.

In the case of [name]Roscoe[/name], I cannot say why it isn’t more popular, it might be to do with option B :slight_smile:

I think [name]Roscoe[/name] is cool on someone else. It has a sophisticated, literary vibe. I am not a fan of [name]Roe[/name] as I think of fish eggs, sorry.

Thanks everyone! I may keep it on my list for a while, but I don’t think the hubby is wild about it. Who knows, maybe it will grow on us :wink: ferntailwp, I really like [name]Roland[/name], and I’ve been playing around with it in my head, I am just having a hard time picturing it on a kid. Thanks for the list! shaymin2, you make some good points. I’m sure there are some great names out there that just no one has heard of. I’ve never heard of fish eggs called roe, that would be a bit of a strange name for some people. I was thinking [name]Roe[/name] as in roe deer. agirlinred and lori, I’m glad I’m not completely crazy in liking this name :wink: I thought maybe it was considered crazy strange since it isn’t in the top 1000 at all. Not that I mind being strange, but I don’t want everyone to think my kiddo is strange :slight_smile: