Rosé? Is it cute or a "no go" like Hennessy?

I am crushing on the name Rosé (Rose-ay) for a little girl. This was before my brain remembered the iconic drink lol, but now I can’t let it go.

Is it cute or is it in the same category as a name like [name_f]Hennessy[/name_f]? Is the association too bold or is it just “Rose” with a twist?

I’ve been googling and I came across a Korean singer with it as a stage name.

2 Likes

It’s a bit much for me, I’m afraid, though it does have a nice sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that it sounds so sweet, but sadly I only think of the wine :sweat_smile: I don’t think it has much use as an actual name, so I think it would be a bit too much to wear.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first association would be the drink, yes. Perhaps you would like [name_f]Rosae[/name_f]?

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of the singer (she’s in my pfp!) sp that’s my first association, but I wouldn’t use the name in real life due to the drink. But I don’t think it’s as bad as Hennessy; Rosé is a bit more usable.

I personally wouldn’t for the child’s sake.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] device doesn’t support accents.

I loved Rose(ay) after I knew it’s a wine. I wouldn’t use it on a real child though.

It’s a no way for me …

It’s a no-go from me, despite the pretty sounds. To me it’s not like [name_f]Hennessy[/name_f] (brand name), it’s more like [name_f]Chardonnay[/name_f] or Champagne (but a much broader category). Also makes me think of rosacea.

I do think of both blackpink and the drink. Though it’s not as bad as [name_f]Hennessy[/name_f], i think it’s still bordering GP. Maybe a [name_u]Rose[/name_u] (or variation) name and just use Rosé as occasional nickname?

I think it’s like [name_f]Hennessy[/name_f], yes. Same with Merlot or [name_f]Chardonnay[/name_f] or something like that. I don’t think it’s very wearable as a real name—especially not spelled like the drink. :confused: