Rose Lynn?(Not roz lynn) alternative?

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother and his wife like the idea of naming a girl [name_f]Rose[/name_f] after her mn but also the twist of honoring our mother [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]. She likes [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] (spelling undecided) pronounced more like RoseLynn and not [name_f]Rozlyn[/name_f]. They don’t like the full on southern double name with or without a hyphen solution to avoid it being mispronounced with a Z and needing to correct people.

Are there similar names or something they could look at that might be what they’re looking for? For a boy they like [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

I think any spelling they choose (Rosalyn, [name_f]Roselynn[/name_f], Rosaline) would work they would just have to make a correction or two about the pronunciation starting out. I myself always assume [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and never [name_f]Roz[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] unless told otherwise and I think a lot of people will be the same. Outside of doing a double name or hyphenating I don’t really think there are a whole lot of options, but, there is nothing wrong with having to correct people and with the variety of names that exist today more and more people are up to the task of learning the correct way to say and spell others names with little on-going issues.

1 Like

I was thinking [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Adelynn[/name_f]. It eliminates the double barrel and still gets the [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] in there to honor.

1 Like

What about [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], or [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]?

2 Likes

I would go with [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f]!

1 Like