Rose, Rosalie, Rosa, or Rosie?

See the results of this poll: Which is the nicest?

Respondents: 68 (This poll is closed)

• Rose : 21 (31%)
  • Rosa : 10 (15%)
  • Rosie : 3 (4%)
  • Rosalie: 34 (50%)

My favourite is just [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I think it’s so sweet and simplistic - it’s lovely.

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s very pretty and I think it fits a child, a middle-aged woman, and an old lady the best out of the options. [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] I think fits all ages too, but I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] better. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] I think is too nickname-y and I have a hard time picturing a lawyer or a doctor etc called [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] I think is ok, but the -lie is just kind of extra that isn’t needed.

I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] by itself! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is so pretty, but I think I would personally use [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

My fave is [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I think its adorable but i can definitely imagine it on an adult too.

I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s simple, elegant, timeless, and beautiful. I do like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nn, but not as much as a first name on it’s own.

I like just [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s simply beautiful. If I had a daughter named [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I’d probably call her [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. But I’d like the classic name to fall back on after she outgrows the cutesy nn.

I adore, and would use, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

There is no right answer to this question. It is an impossible decision! That said I voted [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] as it keeps the most options open. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is sublime.

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] are my favorite longer “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]” names. I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], but I don’t see it as an adult name for a professional. Since it’s a great nickname for [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I would use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] instead.

I like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] best, then [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for me. I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is to die for, but I would want a more formal name behind it. I’ve always disliked not really having a nn (I suppose there is [name_u]Ash[/name_u], but I grew up always being [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], 100% of the time; I only started getting [name_u]Ash[/name_u] in the past 5-10 years), so for me, [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is the best of both worlds. I’ve never been able to get into [name_f]Rose[/name_f], unfortunately, and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] I like better, but it seems incomplete to me, and it always has. I know it’s a standalone name in its own right–I just can’t shake the feeling.

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is my favorite of the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, but [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is my second favorite, and a beautiful name in every regard. :wink:

Of your list, I like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] best. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is my favourite [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name though, and after that [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]. [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] could all be nicknames for [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] or any longer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name to me though, so you don’t really necessarily have to pick!

I like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f].