Rose Rozell.....

Is it really that bad? I love the name [name]Rose[/name] always have. I keep putting it out of my mind because of our last name, but then I hear it again and it reminds me how much I love it. I have tried to think of anything like well she will get married one day but then what if she doesnt. My mom says its not that bad but she likes names that rhyme like [name]Andy[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] haha. I also love names with belle in them which is even worse to me. So any opinions? I usually get bad responses so I guess I should just let go of the name.?

I like it. its not so bad. But you could always make it a variation of rose. like: [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Roslyn[/name] etc. even something different like [name]Ruby[/name] maybe.

I wouldn’t do it!

Sorry-- I love the name [name]Rose[/name], but [name]Rose[/name] Rozell is awful and reminds me of a cartoon character.

If you like rose i agree try a diff variation. If u like bella maybe
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Roselin[/name] Rozell
[name]Adabella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Rozell
[name]Adabelle[/name] Rosado Rozell
maybe rosado the spanish word for pink sounds like (rose-ado).

I love [name]Rose[/name] so much, but to me, [name]Rose[/name] (or any [name]Rose[/name] name) is too much with Rozell.

Take care!

I love [name]Rose[/name] too, but it is a little too much. Maybe you could use it as a nickname though. I know a lot of teens that like to be referred to by their last name - so you could shorten Rozell and call her [name]Rose[/name]. Not sure if that would work well on a baby, but it’s a possible solution!

it’s a little TOO [name]Rosie[/name], in my opinion.

I know this won’t be helpful as I can’t think of any off the top of my head, but could you find a name that means “rose” and just call her [name]Rose[/name] as a nickname? Or just name her something completely different and call her [name]Rose[/name] (as a nn) anyway? :slight_smile:
I agree with the previous posters though – [name]Rose[/name] Rozell is very very sing-songy :confused:

I agree with [name]Amelie[/name] (love your name [name]Amelie[/name] by the way!), I think [name]Rose[/name] could be a cute nickname you have for her - which could be taken from your last name.

As for her first and middle names, I would fall in love with something else.

Last names can be limiting! I can relate!

I like [name]Rose[/name], but for my taste [name]Rose[/name] Rozell is a bit too much [name]Rose[/name]… I’d solve this problem by using a middle name… For example [name]Rose[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] Rozell

If I were you I wouldn’t try to incorporate [name]Rose[/name] into the first or middle name. I would simply call her [name]Rose[/name] (or Roze, though I like it better with the S) since her last name is Rozell. [name]Plenty[/name] of people go by their last name, I think it would be perfectly natural to call her [name]Rose[/name] no matter what her first name. That way you get to pick two other names you love.

[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] Rozell - You may not like these names, but I think the pattern works. I like a -bella name in the middle more than -belle with Rozell. I think this is a gorgeous name, actually, and since [name]Bianca[/name] means white, she’d be your little white rose.

Your last name is really beautiful, embrace it!

Sorry but it is too much “rose” imo.

Is it the flower imagery you like or just the sound of the name?

Names that have a similar feel or meaning:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Rhoda[/name] (means rose)
[name]Roisin[/name] (pn ro-[name]SHEEN[/name], I believe, also means rose)
[name]Susanna[/name] (means lily and according to behindthename.com also means rose in modern day Hebrew)
[name]Vered[/name] (also means rose)

Good luck!

P.S. I agree with lyndsayjenness – a -bella name in the middle works nicely.

Sorry but I think you have to let it go. It is a beautiful name but I think [name]Rose[/name] or any variant are too much with Rozell and agree with pp that it sounds like a cartoon character. Maybe you could name a cat or dog [name]Rosie[/name] so you get to use the name??

In my opinion, if something is already your last name, if you are lucky enough to have it, then everyone in the family gets to be [name]Rose[/name]. Rozell. Close enough for me. If I loved the name [name]Rose[/name] and married into a very close name, I would not feel cheated or deprived of the name I loved. I would feel lucky that I and all my children get to have the name. For example, I love the name [name]Daniel[/name], but if I married a man named [name]Daniel[/name], or his last name was [name]Daniels[/name] or close to it, I would say [name]WIN[/name]! I would not feel like this was at conflict with my name choice, just to have it in the house somehow. I think [name]Rose[/name] Rozell is more redundant than cute or interesting. I’m not sure if Rozell is pronounced like [name]Rose[/name]-ell or Rozz-[name]ELL[/name] (or maybe rhymes with nozzle?), but anyway, I think it is very close and I would be happy about how close it matched one of my favorite names than try to manage to use the name [name]Rose[/name] in some way beside the name Rozell.

Yes, I agree with [name]Karen[/name] 100%.

Hey there…not to usurp the ‘[name]Rosie[/name]’ conversation…but I have a very similar problem. [name]Do[/name] I need to give up on [name]Paloma[/name] since her last name will be [name]Palmer[/name]? [name]Paloma[/name] [name]Palmer[/name]: amazing or awkward?

I don’t think the problem is that they’re too similar, but I get very tongue tied trying to say it.

I don’t think the problem is that they’re too similar, but I get very tongue tied trying to say it.[/quote]

Is it also too wrong that the initials are P.P.? Sigh.

Hmm, that hadn’t occurred to me… I don’t know that it’s soo bad. I think the initials PEP, [name]PIP[/name] or POP would be really fun to have (cute nicknames [name]Peppy[/name] or [name]Pepper[/name], [name]Pippy[/name], [name]Poppy[/name]). I’d stay away from PAP, though… All that aside, I still don’t think [name]Paloma[/name] [name]Palmer[/name] is good. I even had my husband say it and we agree it’s hard to say aloud. A name that reminds me of [name]Paloma[/name] is [name]Perla[/name], [name]Perla[/name] [name]Palmer[/name] is a bit better. What other names do you like?