Rosen?

Hello! What are your thoughts on the name [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]/Rozen/Rozenn for a girl? (Means rose) Which spelling do you prefer?

Is it pronounced [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-en or Rah-zen? I prefer the spelling [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]!

Rose-en

1 Like

That’s what I figured. I was only asking because it reminded me of rosin (rah-zin), which is something dancers put on their pointe shoes. [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] sounds beautiful! I love all variations of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

It reminds me of this hot dog bun/bread brand I’ve seen before, S. [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]’s. It’s not a bad name at all. Kind of reminds me of [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] in a way.

It’s a very common Jewish last name so might be weird to use if you aren’t Jewish IMO

1 Like

I associate it with the poet [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Rosen[/name_u], who I met once and is very lovely :slight_smile: much prefer the name on a boy

1 Like

Because of this, I think it would be even stranger if you were Jewish!

1 Like

Rosen is warm and sweet

I like [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] a lot, for either sex. And I really like [name_f]Rozenn[/name_f] for a girl! It’s [name_m]Breton[/name_m], I believe? Very pretty and striking looking.

I really dig [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]. I’m not big on Rozen/Rozenn, though.

I also associate it with [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Rosen[/name_u], who I am a fan of. It doesn’t appeal to me as a first name though.

I would read [name_f]Rozenn[/name_f] as “roh-ZEN” rather than like [name_u]Rosen[/name_u].

I like the [name_u]Rosen[/name_u] spelling! I think it’s pretty but it makes me think of football player [name_m]Josh[/name_m] [name_u]Rosen[/name_u].

I also associate this with the surname [name_u]Rosen[/name_u]. I like the idea of it as a middle name if you are honoring someone with this surname/passing down your maiden name, etc.

This was my thought, too. Theoretically it’s lovely in sound - reminds me of all those delightful [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] names mashed up with a more edgy surnamey/unisex option (like [name_u]Auden[/name_u] or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]), but it almost feels TOO surnamey to me, sorry.

1 Like