Rosie

Can it stand on its own as a FN? If not, what are your favorite names that have [name]Rosie[/name] as a NN?

I don’t think so, no. My favourites our [name]Rosamund[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name], then just plain [name]Rose[/name].

I think it can. I’ve known several Rosies, all of a similar age to me (early 20s) and only one was short for something ([name]Rosemary[/name]) and the rest were just given the name [name]Rosie[/name]. Though I am in the UK where nicknamey names are more popular than in the US, at least from the impression I get on here. [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Katie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name]…I know tons, and they’re not even short for anything.

I think [name]Rose[/name] is much nicer. [name]Rosie[/name] makes me think of [name]Rosie[/name] O’[name]Donnell[/name].

I think it’s a great NN, but needs a full name to back it up. I like [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Rose[/name].

I think it could! However, the only Rosies I have ever met are dogs! But I [name]LOVE[/name] the name though! I would probably use [name]Rosie[/name] as a nn for [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], and Rosmary!:slight_smile:

I like it on it’s own as a FN. I think it’s an extremely pretty name.

Yeah I think it can stand on its own but my favourite fn are

[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]

I think just [name]Rose[/name] / [name]Rosa[/name] / any [name]Rose[/name]-name is a better idea…less childlike & cutesy.

I don’t think it can. I like [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], and [name]Rose[/name].

I don’t think it can, either, sorry. It’s pretty cutesy, imo.

I like [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosabelle[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Rosamund[/name], probably in that order. [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosalinda[/name], [name]Rosemarie[/name], [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Rosella[/name], etc., are all nice, too.

Good luck!

Ohh I forgot about [name]Primrose[/name]! Great suggestion, [name]Ash[/name]!

I used to be a stickler about nicknames as full names. Now it doesn’t even phase me. If you plan to call her [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] is what you should put on the birth certificate. I think [name]Rosie[/name] stands just fine on her own.

i really don’t think it’s a good option, sorry. I just know way too many people whose parents gave them a cute nickname as a first name, and who then spent much of their later lives wishing they had a more formal official name so that people would take them more seriously.

All the names mentioned above are nice, but my favorite is [name]Rosalind[/name] or [name]Rosa[/name].

I think it could, but I wouldn’t.

I know lots of “just” [name]Rosie[/name]'s, but I definitely think you should give a fuller name if the option is there. Personal favourites are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name].

I think you should back it up with a full name, just in case she doesn’t always want to be [name]Rosie[/name], which to me sounds like a name for someone under 20. I like [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name], but if you want to keep it simple then [name]Rose[/name] is perfect.

I’d also use [name]Rosie[/name] as a nn. It’s lovely thought! :slight_smile: I like [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] as a way to get to [name]Rosie[/name]:slight_smile: