Routes to "Fred"

See the results of this poll: Which is better, Frederick or Alfred?

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Frederick: 18 (95%)
  • Alfred: 1 (5%)

[name]Fredrick[/name].
[name]Alfred[/name] makes me think more of old men. And the butler from batman.

I am definitely warming up to [name]Frederick[/name] lately. I like [name]Al[/name], but I don’t like [name]Al[/name] names, like [name]Alfred[/name] or [name]Albert[/name], but you are not talking about [name]Al[/name].

[name]Alfred[/name] makes me think of [name]Alfredo[/name] as in fettuccine, not the name. Not that it isn’t delicious. What about [name]Wilfred[/name]? It’s a little old-mannish, but kind of spiffy too.

I still choose [name]Frederick[/name] overall. And I love the name [name]Fred[/name]. I had a friend who had a friend named [name]Fred[/name], too bad I don’t have any Freds of my own and lost touch with my friend too. :frowning: Nuff about me. [name]Fred[/name] could have been a comedian, he was so funny. It may be 17 or 18 years since I last saw [name]Fred[/name], but I have liked that name in my head since then.

I think [name]Frederick[/name] is the better choice. I can’t understand why a strong, handsome name like [name]Frederick[/name] has fallen down all the way to the 400s. [name]Alfred[/name] sounds okay, but it has a really nerdy image.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]!!! Great choice!

That’s so funny. I also grew up with a [name]Fred[/name] (his name was just [name]Fred[/name]) who was one of the funniest people I’ve ever known.

[name]Frederick[/name]. It’s the SO’s name, so obviously I am biased but I do love this name, it’s so strong and such a classic.

In case you haven’t mentioned this name to anyone in real life I thought I’d tell you that my baby’s name was going to be [name]Alfred[/name]. It was totally decided, we were going to mainly call him [name]Alfie[/name] because my husband doesn’t like [name]Fred[/name]. Anyway, everyone in my family absolutely, completely hated it. They didn’t say anything until after we changed our minds, but they HATED it! So I just thought I’d warn you about that possibility.

I adore the name [name]Fred[/name]. I can’t imagine a [name]Fred[/name] not being a nice guy. [name]Freddie[/name]/[name]Freddy[/name] is just the cutest name for a little boy that I can imagine, I would love to meet one.

I used to hate all the routes to [name]Fred[/name]. But I’ve come to really love [name]Frederick[/name]. It’s so darn handsome! That would be one of my top picks for a future boy if my hubby didn’t hate it so much!

[name]Wilfred[/name] is super cute, too. More charming than [name]Alfred[/name], I think. But I don’t think it’d go over well with the general population.