routes to Maren

I’m loving the name [name_f]Maren[/name_f], but all of her siblings have three syllable first names. I could just change the pattern, but it seems like there might be a way to get to [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a nickname while still using a three syllable first name.

So far, I’ve come up with

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions for classic-sounding names that could generate [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as a nickname?

Thanks!

[name_f]Maralyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] as a possible longer form. But If you like [name_f]Maren[/name_f], I think you should just use it. Maybe give her a three syllable middle name instead?

It seems a shame to be stuck on having a 3 syllable name to match siblings when you love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] so much. [name_f]Do[/name_f] the other two sib names as a set with [name_f]Maren[/name_f] sound right? If so, go,with it.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]?

[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Maria[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

I’d just use [name_f]Maren[/name_f] unless you love the idea of a theme more than you love the name [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. I’m a big believer in the “two is a coincidence, three is a theme” rule. If you only have two other kids, I wouldn’t consider it a theme. If you already have 3+ kids, that’s when I’d start thinking if I want to consider using another 3-syllable name.

I just realized at this moment that my sister has a 3-syllable name and the rest of us all have two. Also my 3 siblings have “th” somewhere in their first names and I do not. I’d rather my parents gave us names they loved instead of using a name they were less fond of so that it fit. I’m not saying that as a criticism, just to alleviate your concerns if you decide you love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] more than the alternTives.