Rowan and Avery for twin girls?

I’m not expecting, I just like names :slight_smile:

I thought [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] sounded nice together but do you think that at first people could expect to meet boys? or that the names are just too unisex/used more for boys than girls?
I love this combo and am open to other similar/different twin/sister ideas! thanks:p

I think they go very well together. I think they are both truly unisex, so I’m not sure what I would expect! I don’t think I’d be surprised either way.

Actually in the US my impression is that they are more commonly used for girls, esp. [name_u]Avery[/name_u].

I would think twin boys.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] & [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] & [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhianna[/name_f] & [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]

I think they go great together. To me pretty much all unisex names tend to lend to one gender. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] in my opinion leans more boy, while [name_u]Avery[/name_u] leans more girl. However, I would absolutely not be surprised to meet a female [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

Both unisex, both 5 letters. The only difference is in popularity, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sits at 412 in 2014 while [name_u]Avery[/name_u] sits at 13. Regardless, I really like them together.

You’re only partially correct - [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is more popular for boys according to the SSA.

I like them together; they have the same feel, in my opinion. I would have no idea what gender they would be; I’ve only ever known one [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], who is a girl, and one [name_u]Avery[/name_u], who is a boy, but I would honestly have no idea.

I love them together. They have the same feel. I prefer them both for girls but see them both as solidly unisex names.

Really cute and pretty sib set. Unisex for sure but not too masculine at all. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] does read more male to me than [name_u]Avery[/name_u] but would be right at home on a little girl especially if paired with a feminine middle

I personally only know girls named both so I would assume girl. They’re very trendy but go very well together!

I usually prefer [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for a boy and I think [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] go really well together! They work well alongside each other without being too match-y.

I think they go together very well, and would make for a very cute sibset. I like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] for sisters

I love the name [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. It’s a name that the English-speaking world has been peppered with on and off for both boys and girls. I know two female Rowans, one from the UK in her 40s and the other from [name_f]Canada[/name_f] in her late-20s. I also know a man named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] who is in his 30s.

I do, though, know 3 Averys who are all girls under the age of 10 (2 are over 5, which leads me to think it’s popularity is either at peak or just past). I do know a man who goes by [name_u]Avery[/name_u], but it’s his last name (he’s a pro hockey player so they call each other by surnames all the time). I personally find the name unappealing when you’re calling it out loud because it sounds whiny, “ayyyy-eeeee”. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] also seems unoriginal to me because of the popularity of [name_f]Ava[/name_f].

I think word names go well with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Beryl[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f]

Other surnames I like better than [name_u]Avery[/name_u]:

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Connelly[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Darby[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Tierney[/name_u]

They go very well together. I would hope for twin boys but wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out that [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] were twin girls. I like the names for both sexes.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] these two together. I personally like the ambiguity, that I wouldn’t know whether to expect boys or girls.

Other options for sisters:

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

I love both the names [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]! Although they are unisex I think they will both come across as girls. They work very well together! Thumbs up from me.

These are great names and feel perfectly unisex to me. I know a twenty-something woman named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], an eight-month-old boy named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and a twelve-year-old boy named [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. I polled my sweetheart and he said both names strike him as feminine - but that’s from a guy who thought our friend’s newborn [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] was a boy. :wink: